Chapter 3

I quickly put my hands in my lap and look at them.

"Can we not talk about my depressing background?" I say quietly. Looking at anything but at him.

"Yeah, sure," He says reluctantly, "so um tell me about your family."

I start talking about how I have a older brother Caleb and how popular he's going be and that he's going to try out for the football team. Then I start talking about my parents. They've been married for almost 20 years. And how my mom is a lawyer and she's the reason that we are here because her firm got moved here. How my dad is a doctor at the hospital back in L.A.

"My dad is probably glad to have a break from us. Um the last two years have been hard on the family." I say rubbing my wrist. Smiling sadly at him.

"When you feel comfortable enough to talk I'll be here. Meanwhile-" looking at his watch, " it's 8:30 so i better take you home." He says as he gets up and offers his hand to me.

I hesitate at first but smile and put my hand in his. I feel that electricity between us again and smile even wider. I haven't felt this happy in a while. I hold his hand and stand up.

"Thank you." I say blushing.

He walk out to his car and he opens the door for me. I sit down in the seat and take a deep breath as he closes the door. As he walk around the front of the car, he looks at me and smiles. And in that moment I realized that he isn't like Eric... He isn't going to hurt me. He opens the driver and sits down, closes the door and looks at me. I put my hands on he cheeks and look at him. I slowly lean in. When I'm a couple inches away from his face.

"C-can I kiss you?" I stutter.

"Yes," he says, closing his eyes.

I completely forgot everything else. And put my all into that one kiss in that moment...

***********************************************
I promise not to wait for 5 months to post again. I'm so sorry it's a short chapter but I just thought you should have a chapter. Honestly I didn't think people would like my story but looks like people do. Again I'm SO sorry you had to wait a long time. And I'm thinking about making a Pinterest Broad, message me, please review! Thanks for being patient.