Chapter 1: Peeta

(each chapter name is the POV for the chapter)

Katniss adjusts her sheath and bow straps on her shoulder as we walk through the headquarters.

"The straps bothering you again?" I question and look to her.

Katniss and I have been partners for 3 years in this job and we have definitely become closer. We have a no parting relationship going on according to our families, or what's left of our remaining family.

"Yeah, but no, I know you're going to take the bow off." Katniss answer and I let out a quiet laugh.

"Oh you know me." After that the walk because quiet. I don't know if my black 'uniform' is becoming tighter or it's just me.

"We did good today partner." Katniss says, breaking the awkward silence and nudges my arm with her elbow.

"Yeah partner." I say, mocking her. Katniss throws her head back in laughter at the attempt of mocking, and all I can do is do too.

We contain them when we approach the office. We send each other a glance before I knock on it.
"Coin, it's Katniss and Peeta." I state and we are called in. I press down on the handle and enter in, Katniss following on behind me.

"Hello you two. Here to report I'm guessing." Coin acknowledges and stands up from the other side of the desk. Her hair always straight and the grey colour reflecting her office.

"Everything went according to plan Commander. Minor casualties and injuries." Katniss summarises and my eyes travel to her desk.

Two files are splayed out and I recognise them instantly. Us and red writing over our shots. I get a quick glance at the words before Coin packs it all up.

"We have received another mission for you to complete tomorrow. Now, go rest up." Coin instructs and we nod before exiting the room.

We begin walking away and I whisper into Katniss' ear. "Did you see it?"

"Yeah." She whispers back and I nod before I grasp hold of her hand lightly. She turns her head to smile at me and I give her one back.

I don't know what feelings I have for her, I came to a temporary conclusion that we're somewhere in between friends and more than friends. That is me but I have no idea how she feels for me.

We are soon approaching my black Audi. It's easier for both of us to get around since we both share the same apartment.

Katniss slings off her bow and sheath, slipping them into the back seat before joining me in the front.

"It was the word remove wasn't it?" I question as we slowly exit the car park.

"Yea, that means something is up."