Chapter 4: Peeta

I drop my gun and clutch my thigh as pain soars through me. The bullet penetrating my skin.

"Oh my gosh Peeta!" Katniss cries and through my squished eyes see the colleague leave us quickly.

"It's okay, it's okay." Katniss soothes and slings my arm over her shoulders. She bends to grab my gun before we turn and head the way we came.

I struggle to even stand as pain shoots through my leg each step we take. I whimper in pain and press my head against Katniss'.

"I'm so sorry Peeta. Just a few more minutes." Katniss reassure before lifting her free hand up behind us and pulling the trigger on my gun. Sirens then sound in the building. Now we're definitely wanting to be caught.

"Katniss?" I question.

"Just a distraction." She whispers in my ear and open the door to the headquarters. I limp through and Katniss shuts it behind us.

"We'll get the packed bags and then run." Katniss instructs and helps me into our car.

"What about my injury?"

"I'll get the bullet out myself and our trackers." My eyes widen, remembering our trackers in our forearm.

Katniss climbs into the drivers seat and immediately speeds off. She quickly turns her head to look at my thigh, blood now seeping through my trousers.

"Apply pressure sweetie." She instructs and I see her slightly blush. I press the palm of my hand onto my wound and hiss at the heat bringing a stinging sensation.

Katniss whimpers, knowing that I'm in so much pain and there is little she can do.

Katniss sprints out of the car as we approach our apartment and disappears. I turn my head when I see her approaching again minutes later.

She chucks our bags behind our seats and leans over to me, tears in her eyes. She lightly pecks my cheek before sitting back and driving once again.

"Katniss, the car." I state. "The number plate." I add.

"I'll sort that out later." She quickly answers and drives us towards the woods.

She drives us into the woods, just beyond the tree line. She grabs her purse and pulls out some tweezers.

"Katniss, what's that for?" I ask and a frown grows on her lips. She comes over to my side of the car, opening the door and kneeling beside me.

I turn to face her and she slowly removes my hand from my wound. "I'm sorry Peeta." She states and I lean my head against her shoulder.

I cry in pain as she takes the bullet out of my leg. "Sshh. Nearly there." She coos and I hear her sigh in seconds. "Huh. 45 GAP bullet." She strokes my back in a couple of circles.

We then exchange taking out each others trackers. Seeing Katniss in pain really hurts me. But it's probably the same for her seeing me.

Katniss smashes both with her foot, making them snap and break. We're getting closer to being away from getting caught.