Chapter 12: Peeta / Joshua

I come to my sense again. Goosebumps covering my body as my skin registers  the cold tile floor below me.

I groan, in pain. Feeling the effect of the impact from whatever they hit my head with. I try to blink my eyes open, seeing everything around is grey.

My hands are loose, but my feet aren't. How odd. Bringing the focus back to my eyes, I place my palms on the ground and push my body upright. I sit up and look around.

A cell. Obvious to tell.

I look at my feet and can confirm the shackle around both of my ankles. Both sides are attached to a line of metal links which connect to the wall, also cold.

I turn my head to the other side I dared not look to see what I would suppose is my girlfriend. Katniss. her body facing away from me.

I manage to clamber over to her, wanting to be right next to her. Her arms are tied together in front of her. There must be a purpose as to why we are tied differently.

I notice she's knocked out cold. Still breathing, eyes refraining from opening up. I frown at her body, tucking hair behind her ears. Short; blonde.

I rest my fingers over her stomach. Where our baby is. My frown does deeper, will it survive all this madness? Will both of us survive this? or.....

Will either of us make it out? 

If so, how long until who ever survives is released?

I lie on my body sideways, my hand remiaining on her stomach. I sniff, battling a few loose tears. I close my eyes and bury part of my head into her dyed blonde hair.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper letting what I know as sleep take me away from all the pain and all the sorrow.

I promised her that we would be safe and okay.

But how are we now?

None of the above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY GUYS!

I WROTE A VERY SHORT CHAPTER FOR YA WOOHOO!! I'm getting there...... eh