Chapter 6: Katniss

I hear the velcro strap separate and I lift my shirt up. The man places the fake bump over my stomach and I bite my lip. Trying to fight tears, I didn't believe I'd be doing this. Ever for that matter.

Peeta comes up to me as the man adjusts the tightness of it and straps it back again. He rests his hand softly on my cheek and strokes my skin with his thumb.

"Let's have a look." The man suggests and I unravel my shirt back down. I tilt my head down to see my stomach is 'bloated'.

"What do you think?" I whisper to Peeta and he steps back a few steps to look at me.

I look up at him nervous, it's probably shown across my eyes. I rest my hand on my shirt where the bump is.

I just watch him, waiting for his answer. He just stands there, I can't call out his name. It could be too risky so I just wait.

"Beautiful." He murmurs before approaching me. "I zoned out at your beauty and came back thinking you were pregnant."
"So it's fine?" I question quietly and he just nods in reply.

"We'll get it thanks." Peeta states the man bunches up the back of my shirt so he can strap it off. Once it's taken off of my stomach, I snake my arms around Peeta's lower chest and press against him.

I close my eyes and keep myself there. Very content in his embrace. He somehow manages to pay the man that has helped us.

"Do you want to put it on Kat?" He whispers into my ear. I nod, staying silent and lift my shirt up once more. He unstraps it and wraps it around my stomach. I watch his eyes as he focuses on getting this on.

Can I admit my feelings to him? Should I confess tonight?

"There you go." Peeta states and he lowers my shirt. I'm too zoned out to move my arms to complete the action.

His eyes trail to look at mine in a matter of seconds. I don't know how long we just stand there but it must be while.

His hand goes to hooks my cheeks and soon he presses his lips to mine. I'm taken slightly off guard but close my eyes ever so slowly.

One of my hands travels to his chest whereas my other grasps his hair. His right hand tightens around my waist as I deepen my first kiss.

But I break it slowly when I need to breathe, keeping my lips to his as long as possible. My open eyes focus on my hand resting against his chest for two seconds before I look up into his once again.

Not in confusion but in a new emotion that has been filled and I now can show.

Love.

"I love you."