11-Makings of a Blade

Back in Anor Londo,

Olraun groaned as he pulled himself out of bed and shuffled to the kitchen to get coffee.  He paused as he heard hammer strikes coming from the basement.  He slowly descended the stairs and peered into the forge room and raised an eyebrow in curiosity.  Wearing a sleeveless gown and hair tied back, Priscilla held a metal object firmly as she raised the forge hammer and beat on the metal.  Olraun sighed as he snuck closer and stood behind her.  She swung the hammer high and Olraun stopped it with his hand.  "Always be aware of your surroundings."

Priscilla jumped as she snapped around to look at him.  "Oh! I'm terribly sorry.  I've been, um..." she said Olraun placed his hands on her shoulders.

"It's alright.  I was getting coffee and I heard hammer strikes.  What are you making?" Olraun inquired as he looked at the slightly curved piece of metal, rubbing the dull edge.

"It's...I tried to make you a wedding gift.  It was supposed to be a dagger.  I've been remembering more and more memories of Alayia, and I decided to see if I could make something simple, yet memorable.  I can work the metal well enough, but as far as the etching, the design, and the rest I can't get those memories into focus.  I wanted to make this work," Priscilla said as she laid the hammer down and held her face, looking up as Olraun stood behind her, holding her close.

"I can tell.  Alayia was a serviceable smith, but that was the influence of her bloodline.  Knowledge without practice will get you only so far.  This was a good first attempt, but we'll get it right," Olraun said as she looked confused.  "I'm going to teach you.  Step aside for a moment."

Priscilla nodded as he took the rough dagger and put it back in the fire.  Over the course of several days, Olraun spent numerous hours teaching and illustrating blacksmithing and the art behind it.  Olraun nodded approvingly as Priscilla carefully crimped the metal rings on the grip, binding the leather to the handle.  She held the weapon up as Olraun kissed the back of her head.

"Very good.  I couldn't ask for a finer blade.  Well done," Olraun said as she slipped the dagger in its sheath and held it to him as she stood up.

"Thank you.  I mean it," she said as she hugged him.  "Out of curiosity, what are you making me?"

Olraun held up a key and unlocked a large metal cabinet and opened the doors.  Inside was a partially built suit of armor.  "This.  You like it?"

Priscilla nodded s she felt the armour's cold surface.  She was smiling when she turned around.  "It's beautiful, but how did you know my measurements?" Priscilla asked.

"The seamstress you used for your wedding dress.  I took her measurements then I figured out what I'd need for the armor.  Now, its getting late and we have a fair bit to plan tomorrow so I'd suggest we get some sleep," Olraun said as they separated for the night.

-----------------------------

Olraun's eyes snapped open as he sat up in bed with a sense of despair.  He threw his clothes on as he left his room, running into Faraam.  "You felt it, too?" He asked.

Faraam nodded reluctantly.  "Yes.  I'm sure it's nothing, but warrior's paranoia," he said as Olraun agreed.  A piercing scream tore through the quietness.  "Priscilla's room!"

The two ran for her door as Olraun ran in and froze.  Priscilla's eyes were clenched shut as her back was arched in pain.  Olraun grabbed her and held her down.  Gwynevere and Gwyndolin were soon at the door as others peered in.  Olraun touch her forehead and whispered for her to sleep.  Shortly, her body relaxed as he lowered her back into her bed, touching her face to see what the cause was.