2 - How We Got Here

***FLASHBACK; A MONTH AGO***

I walked in the LA house finally back from a charity function that Chris was supposed to join me at but opted out and thankfully for good reason. I took off my heels and sighed once I walked in and saw Chris sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"Kind of late don't you think?" Chris asked and I groaned.

"Well thought I would give you time to get her out of the house before I got home." I said. Chris growled and stood up from the couch.

"How many times do I have to fucking tell you nothing happened! Those pictures were taking out of context and the rumors weren't true! You really think Ana would do that to you! You are her best friend!" Chris yelled.

"I was her best friend until she tried to hit on my husband!" I yelled.

Chris and I had been married for 5 year and we had what everyone called the perfect Hollywood marriage and we really felt like we did, until about a year and a half ago. Chris and I got to work in a movie together and play love interest which gave us a newfound love for each other, and I was so happy with the project that we were also both producers on and Chris directed.

Once we were done filming about 9 months ago Chris instantly was gone and off filming another movie. We usually liked a little down time together after working but he was gone, and I didn't have any time with him. It was like he couldn't get away from me fast enough.

3 months after he left, I was leaving to go film overseas in Italy and he knew this. I tried to go see him before I left but his schedule didn't allow it, at least I thought until he surprised me the night before I left by coming back to LA and spending the entire night with me. Although that night led to a fight as well, Chris had a certain way about anytime we spent some time together he brought up having a kid, yet he was never home, and it was going to fall all on me.

Now to the situation at hand. As I was in Italy filming on my last few days there, one day on set everyone's phone started going off and everyone was looking. I was confused until my manager Stephany came running up to me. She handed me my cellphone and I saw photos and an article I had never wanted to see. There was Chris with his co-star in his new movie and my best friend Ana De Armas. They seemed to be getting pretty cozy off of the set of their new movie and reports where they had been seen out and about together, kissing and spending nights together. Chris called me instantly to let me know it wasn't true, Ana herself even called but I didn't want to hear it. My best friend and my husband betrayed me. I flew back to LA where Chris and I were staying but things had been tense.

Leading to tonight. I had a function to go to that I was a part of, and Chris was supposed to go with me, but his manager Megan insisted it would be better if he didn't go and just keep the focus on the function.

I started to walk to the bedroom to change and Chris followed me.

"I don't know why you don't believe me. In this whole marriage have I ever given you a reason to think I would cheat?! You are all I want Polly!" Chris yelled. I was so aggravated with him I just chucked my shoes at him. He ducked so they didn't hit him.

"What the fuck?!" Chris yelled.

"You hurt me! You embarrassed me! I was on a film set when that shit hit Chris! Everyone saw! Everyone started to wonder about our marriage!" I said and Chris groaned.

"I'm sorry Polly! God knows I'm fucking sorry! Ana and I were hanging out off set yes, but we are friends. We went to dinner, that was it!" Chris said and I just shook my head.

"Chris, I can't do this never seeing each other. In the last year we have seen each other a grand total of maybe 2 weeks! You sit there and tell me you love me, and we were supposed to have some downtime together after our movie, talk about that family you so desperately want and yet the next day you were on a fucking plane and gone! You left me Chris, I had at least 3 months until I needed to film! Why not work your schedule with mine?!" I asked pissed off.