9

"Don't worry too much," Yoimiya assured you, "You're going to be fine tonight." She had come to visit you in the teahouse after running into Thoma on the street a little earlier. As soon as he told her you would be leaving soon, she dropped everything to help out and to spend some more time with you. Thoma had since left to take care of the last few things for the plan.

"I'm not worried," you replied simply, crossing your arms. Taroumaru, who was sitting on your lap, looked up now that you'd stopped petting him.

"Well, you seem troubled," The blonde replied carefully, "It's alright if you don't want to talk about it, though. I know this is a lot." You didn't reply. Truthfully, it was hard for you.

You were still torn between not wanting to leave the nation and people you'd grown to love, but also knowing you would have to. Staying in Inazuma as a wanted criminal wouldn't really be possible for much longer.

You hung out with Yoimiya for a few more hours, trying to focus on the present and let her distract you from what would be going down soon.

The teahouse, which was fairly out of the way compared to most other buildings in the city, was also a surprisingly serene place. Ayaka had rented out a tearoom for you and Thoma to stay in for the day, so no one had come to bother you. Plus, you were able to have some tea to help calm your nerves, not that much helped that at this point.

Eventually, Thoma returned with a fake smile and acted like he wasn't worried. You obviously saw past it, but seeing how Yoimiya was still there too, decided not to make any comments. He wanted things to go well as much as any of you did.

Now, you were leaned against the back wall of the room, with Taroumaru resting at your side. Yoimiya sat next to you, chatting both of your ears off, and Thoma was at a table nearby, listening politely.

"It's almost time," He finally spoke up, catching the attention of both of you. He stood, his expression growing a little more worried. "I should head towards Ritou Island now." You nodded, pushing yourself off the floor as well. You tried to ignore how your heart ached slightly as you went over to the table where he stood.

"Thank you for everything, Thoma." You said softly. He nodded, a bright smile on his face as he pulled you into a gently hug.

"I'm happy I got to meet you, Y/n." He whispered gently, "I'll see you in Ritou." You nodded, pulling away to let him leave. He said goodbye to Yoimiya and Taroumaru before heading to the door. Though, just before making his exit, he glanced back at you with an expression you couldn't quite decipher.

With that, he left through the front door. Once outside, though, the blonde gave a deep sigh, clenching a fist in frustration.

He hadn't wanted to believe you were really leaving today, and yet now there was no denying it.

He would never admit it, but he didn't want you to leave. You'd become such an important person to him in your short time at the Kamisato Estate, and he'd developed feelings he didn't even know how to explain towards you.

He wanted you to stay with him, to tell you how he felt, but he knew it was selfish. You remaining in Inazuma would only put you in more danger, and that was the last thing he wanted.

So, as he made his way to Ritou Island, he prayed for everything to work out, for you to safely escape with Kazuha, despite how much it would hurt his heart.

..........

"It's time," you spoke, glancing at the little clock hanging on the wall of the tearoom. Yoimiya looked up, then nodded, a small sigh escaping her lips.