Hypocrite

"Why would you want to agree to Fury's deal" Sam asked. "I don't want to be this person anymore, I don't want to be a killer" Chloe replied. "That wasnt" Nat began. "I know it wasn't me but it's still there inside my head. That switch could be flicked at any time" She says. "Well we can help you, train you, why do you need Fury" Tony asked. "He's impartial" Chloe said shrugging. "What do you mean Chlo" Peter asked. "There was part of the deal I didn't tell you, if I get put back into the mind of Empress then he is going to put a bullet in my head".

It went silent again. "That is not happening" Pietro said. Chloe looks at him with sad eyes, "I'm sorry" she whispered. "Please don't agree to that" Wanda said holding her hand. "I ...". "We only just found you" Tony said sitting the other side of her and looking her in the eyes "please don't give up". She was going to refuse but the look in her eyes she couldn't refuse. "Okay" she whispered "I won't take the deal" she said leaning into Tony.

They put the Tv on as they spoke to each other. "Tony" Chloe said. "Yes darling" He said. She blushed slightly "Will I be put in prison" he looked at her "not under our protection" she buried her face in his neck and felt safe for the first time in 10 years.

"Hey Tony" Steve whispered

"Hey Tony" Steve whispered. "Yeah" he said. "Is she asleep" He looked down at Chloe and smiled "yes". "We better all head off to bed" Sam said. They all left the room not before giving a kiss on the head to their soulmate. Tony carried her up to a spare room before leaving to his own room.

Chloe woke up with a start drenched in sweat. "Dammit" she cried to herself. She made her way out of the bed into the shower. She turned it on cold and she sat under the water for 20 minutes. It calmed her heart rate enough but she wouldn't be going back to sleep. She got up and got changed into some spare clothes resting on the dresser.

She walked down the hall and knocked on the first door she came too. She didn't want to disturb anyone but she didn't know where to go, she would have to ask for a tour at some point. The door opened to reveal a shirtless Bucky. "Doll what are you doing up" he asked voice laced with concern. "Nightmare" Chloe answered. "Come in" he said opening the door.

 "Come in" he said opening the door

"James" Chloe said. "Hm" he said looking over. "I know your going to beat yourself up over earlier but it's not your fault" she said. "I am the whole reason you suffered for 10 years doll" he said tears in his eyes. "Me and you are the same, we are both slaves to hydra" she said. "But" Bucky began. "James you would be nothing but a hypocrite to say that your a monster for doing actions against your will and I'm not for doing the same" she said. His heart ached for her. "I'm sorry doll" He said. "You having nothing to apologise for" she said wiping a tear from his eye. He jerked away from her touch "Jeez Chloe why are your hands so cold" he asked concerned. "Cold shower. Helps with the nightmares" He understood. "Come here let me warm you up".

Chloe took his hand and allowed him to pull her into his chest. He cradled her, she was so delicate to him. "James can I stay in here with you". He looked completely shocked by the request but nodded anyway. They lay awake in each other's arms, comforting each other.

"James" she whispered tracing his metal arm. "If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go"She asked. "Hm maybe Romania, I once lived their when I first escaped hydra, it was a beautiful town so peaceful". He answered. "How about you". "I've never really been out, I don't remember my life before, anyone that feels safe I guess" she said. He hummed at her answer.

"Doll close your eyes" Bucky said

"Doll close your eyes" Bucky said. "I can't James" she whispered. " I see them, the life leave their eyes as I kill them" She cried into his shoulder. "It's okay that wasn't you" He said. "But they still haunt me". He kissed her head. "Your hear my breathing" he says. Chloe nods. "Focus on it let it guide you to sleep". She listened to him and in a couple minutes she was fast asleep.

*the next morning*

Tony and Steve walk into the spare room to check on Chloe. "Where is she" Tony questioned. "Jarvis" He asked. "Chloe is in Buckys room" Jarvis answered. They made their way to Buckys room and opened the door. They were both fast asleep. Steve and Tony smiled at the sight before heading down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.