Chapter 3

"hello uncle"

The look on Aemond's face Said it all both shocked and intrigued. To say that she could decifer them would have been a lie. She was never very good at understanding emotions. So instead of thinking further of what his expressions ment she continued to stare at him taking his features for the first time with out the burden of a thick hood. He was handsome she could see that his long white hair cascading down over his training clothes. His singular eye a blue similar to the wild oceans of dragonstone. His scar a jagged line running down his face and across his missing eye much to her dismay she could not see it as it was covered by a leather eye patch. In all his shock he had loosened the grip he had on her shoulders allowing her to swiftly push him off her. After putting a few paces between them she turned around.

"as much as I have enjoyed our interaction my prince,     I must take my leave, I fear my dear mother may require my presence" she then quickly turned around  walking in the direction she came leaving an astounded prince in her wake. 

Still stuck staring were the velaryon princess stood The prince quickly shook himself from his trance, walking back to his own chambers Aemond's thoughts were focused on only one thing the confusing encounter her had just had. 

The procession of driftmark 

The procession was a dreary affair members of the court and royal family were standing in the throne room. No king sat the iron throne but a hand did. Vaemonds long speech seemed to have one over the hand and Queen and it had seemed that all hope was lost for rhaenyra and her children. She had barely began speaking before the doors were opened. 

"King Viserys of House Targaryen, the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm."

The old King shuffled his way to his throne the crown falling from his head in the process. All eyes were in him as the crown fell to the ground. His brother came forward assisting him to the throne and placing the crown atop his head.

"I must... admit... my confusion. I do not understand why petitions are being heard over a settled succession. The only one present... who might offer keener insight into Lord Corlys's wishes is the Princess Rhaenys."

"Indeed, Your Grace. It was ever my husband's will that Driftmark pass through Ser Laenor to his trueborn son... Lucerys Velaryon. His mind never changed. Nor did my support of him. As a matter of fact, the Princess Rhaenyra has just informed me of her desire to marry her sons Jace and Luke to Lord Corlys's granddaughters, Baela and Rhaena. A proposal to which I heartily agree."

"Well... the matter is settled. I hereby reaffirm Prince Lucerys of House Velaryon as heir to Driftmark, the Driftwood Throne, and the next Lord of the Tides."

"You break law... and centuries of tradition to install your daughter as heir. Yet you dare tell me... who deserves to inherit the name Velaryon. No. I will not allow it. " 

"Allow it? Do not forget yourself, Vaemond. That is no true Velaryon, and certainly no nephew of mine. Go to your chambers. You have said enough. Lucerys is my true-born grandson. And you... are no more than the second son of Driftmark."

"You... may run your house as you see fit... but you will not decide the future of mine. My house survived the Doom and a thousand tribulations besides. And gods be damned... I will not see it ended on the account of this..."

"Say it."

"Her children... are bastards! And she... is... a whοre."

"I... will have your tongue for that."

Daemon swiftly moved forward unsheathing her sword as he moved. He swung the sword hard at the neck of Vaemond leaving him with his tongue. « He can keep his tongue. »

"Disarm him!"

"No need." 

After watching his uncle behead the lord Aemond scanned the room before his eyes stopped on a certain niece of his. She stood protectively in front of her brothers. But what really caught his attention was that she seemed to be the only other person in the room who's face held a smirk. 

A/N sorry about the wait for a chapter. If there are any mistakes in dialogue, grammar or spelllng please let me know. Also please comment your thoughts in the book so far and any ideas you may have for the direction I should take it in