7. Truth

Smith:
I stirred in sleep, and realized it's my own phone disturbing my sleep! I opened my eyes to look for the time. Woah, it's 3:30 am!! Who the heck is calling this late! To stop this constant buzzing of phone I picked it and saw the caller id.

As soon as I saw it, I sprang up from the bed and was now on my feet, wide awake!
"He is ready." On hearing the words, instinctively my lips twitched to form a smirk.

"I will be there." I cut the call, and went to change my night dress to a comfortable t-shirt and simple jeans.

I arrived at the spot in nearly 15 minutes.
"So, I heard you are coordinating Mr. Parker." It wasn't a question, and he knew it. Fear was evident in his eyes.

I gesture Jack to take off the tape from Parker's mouth. He gasped and felt relieved. Well he could be relieved after giving me what I want!

"Let's directly come to the point. Tell me what you know about Daniel Knight?" My eyes held frost, it clearly signalled him that if he want to be in good condition he should start spilling out the truth!

"I-I don't know much about him. Except he employed me when he wanted to send a shipment overseas illegally." He babbled.

I threw a look Jack's side, "I thought he is ready to talk?" I asked in a dangerous low voice. He shifted his weight, keeping his head down.

"Just give me 10 more minutes! He would be even spilling his forefathers names!!" He held his head up with rage emanating from his eyes. He advanced towards our captive.

"No need." I said in a chilling voice. He stopped abruptly.
"I don't have time to waste."

Dismissing him, "Now, it's just 2 of us here Mr. Parker." I said, a threat of murder dancing in my eyes.

I stood up from the chair, his eyes following my moves cautiously.
In a blink, I took my gun out, loaded it and shoot!

A drop of sweat fell on ground. Legs started shaking. Our hostage faced some problems registering what just happened.

The bullet just passed his ear a centimeter away!

I threatingly leaned, keeping my hands on the arms of the chair.

"Another time, this bullet would pass through your head Parker. Don't ever again try to play smart in my own game." I said in a calm yet dangerous voice.

"Now, truth about Daniel Knight. Out with it!" Something must be in my voice, which brought him back from the shocked state.

He looked at me, and gulped.

"We worked for 10 years together. Not just one illegal shipment, I send many for him to different parts of the world. From drugs, guns to even explosives. He was into it for a long time. We built connections over the world, with dangerous people."

A dry humorless chuckle left him, "I was the one because of whom he got there! But when police discovered about one shipment coming illegally to America, they caught us! That bastard knew it. He planned it! He schemed to make me fall. I rot in jail for nine years!! Because of him!"

He was shaking with anger. "What kind of connections? And do you have any proof that he did this to you?"

"The dangerous kind. Mafia kings, corrupted politicians, smuglers and many more from all over the world." A dark glimmer was visible in his eyes.

"And proof you ask?" He scoffed. "I know that man! He could do anything to gain power. And how is it even possible that no connections were drawn to him after the imprisonment! After that incident, he was never seen actively involved in this world!?" He yelled, sounding betrayed.