✧: progression : ✧

( 790 words )

LO'AK

1 WEEK LATER

' YOU ARE DOING better Lo'ak! 'Tsireya signed, as her Ilu circled his. He had been riding Ronal for the past days, and she helped him learn. She had patience with Lo'ak when she discovered he was only learning, and she's gone slow.

Lo'ak smiled in return, stroking Ronal's head. She pattered her tail in the water in return. Lo'ak

pointed up to the surface, and Tsireya followed. As he broke the surface, he sucked in a breath of air. Lo'ak has been pushing himself further and further to see how long he can hold his breath each time.

He wondered how long we've been under that time.

' 3 minutes. ' Meayora answered his unspoken question, looking up from the project she had been working on. It was a woven basket, made out of dried seaweed. She nodded, inspecting the project.

' What are you making? ' Lo'ak questioned, releasing his Ilu as he stepped onto the shore. It was sunrise, since Tsireya insisted on going early, because that's when its most calm. He sat down next to Meayora, as she shrugged her shoulders.

' I don't know, something random. I don't have anything to do, since Tsireya took over your training. So why not make use of my time? ' She braided the last piece, finishing it off. She placed it beside her, finally turning her attention towards Lo'ak.

' Why aren't you training me anymore? ' Lo'ak asked, his head tilting slightly. He was resting on the beach against his elbows, watching the sunrise as a frown appeared on his face. Meayoras eyebrows furrowed, as she shook her shoulders.

' I don't know. Guess I'm not a good enough teacher. ' She joked. ' We do get distracted a lot when I try to teach you. ' She admitted, making my head turn at her. She was looking at the sunrise  as well, her eyes gleaming against the pink and orange scene. She looked happy, at peace with the sea as the waves crashed against the beach.

Tsireya was nowhere to be found. She must have swam off after he had come up onto the beach.

' It's beautiful, isn't it? ' She sighed, a smile creeping on her face as a bird flew by, crying out. Lo'ak smiled, his eyes never leaving her face.

' Yeah. So beautiful. ' he admired, as she closed her eyes and soaked in her surroundings. As Lo'ak sat up, he picked his hand up and twirled a piece of her hair.

The curly hair was wet, and soft, as he twirled the hair around his finger, before tucking it behind her ear. He moved his gaze to her eyes, which were glued on his.

A purple tint was flown across her face, as he sucked in a breath at the view. Lo'ak had never seen a more beautiful girl, and making this girl nervous underneath him? That, that was on a whole other level.

Lo'ak never had luck with girls. He always scared them off, since most didn't want to deal with his flirtatious personality, and his outgoing way of life. He was never afraid to show his feelings, laying them out on a silver platter in front of him.

But this girl beside him felt different. He didn't want just a short relationship with her, he wanted a true relationship.

' What are you thinking about? ' Meayora asked, looking up at him. She asked that question a lot, always wanting to know what was on his mind. But little did she know, it was her on Lo'aks mind.

' You. ' He answered honestly, drowning in her eyes. She went quiet, looking away.

' Oh. ' 

' Whats wrong? ' He asked, gently redirecting her chin to look back up at him. She went silent again, not knowing how to put  words on her feelings.

' Why me? ' She cringed, her eyes blinking rapidly. ' Why did you choose me? '

He narrowed his eyes, sitting up properly. ' What do you mean? '

' Why not Tsireya? She's next in line, she's easier to talk to, she's prettier. Why choose me? ' Meayora twiddled her thumb, a gust of wind flowing her hair to the side.

Lo'ak was at a loss for words, surprised. ' I don't want Tsireya. ' he said simply, making Meayora look up at him. His face was filled with emotion, his eyes looking back and forth from mine, and to my lips, in a triangular type movement. ' I want you. ' he whispered, sending an electric feeling inside Meayora.

( EDITED )
A/N

short ik but what do u think?