✧: kxitx :✧

disclaimers:
gore
detailed killings
angst

( word count: 4848 words )

MEAYORA

OUR REALTIONSHIP WAS real now. We were taken seriously, ever since they announced that the two were mated. And when Meayora came back after being alone with him, struggling to walk as he help her up, walking beside her with marks made from her nails on his back. It was pretty clear ever since then.

We figured out when the ships had planned to pass our village, and it was today. I could hear the horns in the distance, and I could see the steam of the ship. My clan and the Sully's were on our Ilu's, ready to fight, and ready to kill. As the gigantic ship slowly but surely come closer, its threatening presence making Meayora have second thoughts. But she had to fight, for Leì'te. For my people, and for my land.

The sky people will fall, and it will not be pretty. We had figured out they were hunting our tulkun a couple weeks ago, and they seemed to have planned another one in our reef, seeing the ships on the side with the equipment needed. Me, and all the other kids were on task for that. We were tasked to attack, to stop them from hunting tulkun for good. To do this, we needed to kill their lead scientist.

But I want to fight, I want to attack the mothership and end this expedition. But my parents placed me with the Sully's to defend the tulkun. I do not mind helping them, but my skills could be used elsewhere. The Sully kids are fully capable.

' This sucks. My dad wants to keep us as far away from the action, and its not fair. ' Lo'ak whined, as Neteyam rolled his eyes.

' Don't get any ideas of running off into the battle. Dad would skin you. But seem's Meayora has already got that down. ' Neteyam chuckled, as Meayora's face became hot with embarrassment. Lo'ak pushed his shoulder roughly, as he stumbled on his Ilu. ' What? Its the truth. ' He protested.

' Shut up, Neteyam. ' He grumbled, his tail lashing against his Ilu. Ronal slapped her fin on the water, seeming to be annoyed by the movement, while Lo'ak wiped the water off his face. ' Im convinced you hate me. ' He peeked his head down to Ronal. She cooed.

Meayora laughed softly, signing to her. ' I'm sorry I made you ride with the forest boy. ' Ronal clicked in response. ' Forgive me. '

' Hey, over there! ' Kiri called, pointing to a tulkun with a red tracker in its back. Meayora nodded, diving under the water and letting it overcome her. Even under these circumstances, the water was her comfort, and that would never change.

As they reached the tulkun, Meayora began to inspect its pattern. She noticed the familiar pattern, before a flash of panic flooded through her. It was Aa'la. ' No! ' She cried, jumping onto her fin, as she pulled at the tracker with all her force. She yelled out, using all her strength, but it was not enough. It was wedged into her skin tight. Meayora fell back into the water, but she jumped back up, pulling uselessly again.

Kiri joined after her, and Lo'ak, and Tuk, as they pulled on the tracker with all they had. ' Hurry, they are coming! ' Neteyam yelled out. Lo'ak jumped back into the water, connecting the queues as he grabbed a rope from his bag. He tied it around the tracker, as him and his Ilu pulled at it, but there was no use.

Meayora watched as 4 small submarine-looking machines dropped into the water, and raced towards the tulkun. ' Shit! ' She screamed, but it was too late. They shot traps into her fin, as a giant bag of air floated up, slowing Aa'la as she cried out.

' Meayora, we have to get off! ' Lo'ak yelled out, while I turned my head to look at them all in the water, on their ilus.

' No, I will not leave her! ' Meayora cried, but Lo'ak grabbed her shoulder, pulling her off the tulkun. She protested to him, attempting to push his hands off of her. ' It's not safe. ' He said suddenly, grabbing her hands. ' We'll attack the ship before they can take her. ' He reassured, as she let out a cry and jumped into the water.