✧: challenge : ✧

( 932 words )

MEAYORA

SHE GIGGLED, NEVER leaving the position she was in as her arms wrapped around his neck. Lo'ak breathed against her neck, sending an electric feeling through her as he kissed her freckle gently, before he gnawed at her skin, leaving a purple-y bruise.

Her lips parted, leaning forward out of instinct, before she realized what was happening as Meayora gasped, pulling back. ' Lo'ak! ' She hissed, touching the raw skin. ' Why did you do that? ' 

He only sat there, a smug expression on his face as he whispered in her ear- ' Just want to let people know what's mine. 

' I can't go walking around with a love bite! ' She exclaimed, racking her mind for remedies. Lo'ak let out a breathy laugh.

' Theres nothing to help get rid of it. ' He said instantly, as if he read my mind. She let out a sigh, as she tugged her hair over her shoulder, a poor attempt to hide it as the skin healed. 

' We better go back, before they realize we are missing. You go first, I'll swim around the other side, so we can act like we weren't together. ' 

' Thats the thing, Meayora. I don't want to keep this a secret. ' He spoke softly, his eyes searching hers. ' I want to have a future with you. '

She took in a breath, leaning back as she closed her eyes. ' I want that too, Lo'ak, but at this moment in time, I want to be able to see you at all. If they catch us alone together, maybe they'll keep us apart all the time. ' 

Lo'ak let out the breath he had been holding, as he nodded, pulling her in for one last kiss before they stood up, and he walked away. As Meayora watched him walk, his tail softly whipping on the ground, she felt despair fill her chest. But despite that, she turned around, and dove into the water.

As she broke the surface on the other side of the town, she pulled herself onto the dock as she fixed her hair to cover the love bite. She sighed, preparing herself as she walked over to the heart of the town. She walked over to the table where her brothers, Aonung, Lzoé, and Leì'te, and sat down beside them.

She fixed her hair again, but tried her best to not draw attention as her eyes scattered over the people. They landed on one of the tables that sat Kiri, Neteyam, Tuk, and Lo'ak, who had already been staring at her. He had a small smile on his face, as his gaze was only cut off by Tuk pulling on his arm.

Meayora felt her cheeks heat up, looking around to see if anyone was looking until she found all three of her brothers staring back and forth from her and Lo'ak. They knew. 

She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath as she prepared for the wrath she was about to endure. They stayed quiet  the whole dinner, as she took a small bite of her fish. Dinner was finished before she knew it, as she took her plate and placed it in the small pile, as she walked to the Marui. As she stepped in, her two older brothers walked in behind her, giving her a look.

' Why him, out of all? ' Lzoé said in a hushed tone, as my hair fell behind my back as I threw my head back, sighing. ' And what is that?! ' He pointed angrily to the love bite, as I quickly covered it back up with my hair.

' I'm not going to answer any of your questions. ' She said simply, walking over to the other side, looking out the "window" and at the sea. Leì'te seemed unbothered, as he watched from a distance. Lzoé scoffed, walking back up to me.

' And why not? ' He demanded, looking me straight in the eyes.

' Because It is none of your business! Sure, the cool, overprotective brother seemed cute at first, but every relationship I've been in you've scared them off! ' She hissed. ' This one is different. I don't want you going and doing that, because I really like him! '

Lzoé listened impatiently. ' And if you scare this one off, I will never forgive you! ' I finished off, as he sighed.

' Im sorry, I just- ' He let out a breath. ' I don't want you to grow up. I don't want anybody to hurt you. '

Meayora let a small smile grow on her face. ' He won't hurt me, Lzoé. He's not that type of person. ' she rested a hand on his shoulder, as she rubbed her thumb against his cool skin. Lzoé placed his hand on hers, nodding.

' Thats what I thought about Raya. ' He said quietly.

Lzoé and Meayora had always had a close relationship, and told each other everything. She knew the reason he was so protective, and it was because he had gone through heartbreak. 

A local girl, named Raya, had made Lzoé fall in love with her. He thought what they had was true love, but one day, she randomly dumped him for another boy. He's always been skeptical of relationships ever since then, and Lzoé didnt want Meayora to go through that. 

Now, he has to live through the pain of seeing them everyday, together and happy. Meayora gave him a sympathetic look, as she heard Tsireya and her parents walk in.

A/N

should I do a Lzoé and Raya spinoff book? :)