Yelena Belova

(You finally see your long lost lover after years of thinking she's gone)

Y/n pov:

"Y/n, I need you on the roof now!" I hear Clint yell into my earpiece.

"On it." I say running up a long flight of stares and bursting out of the doors onto the roof. I go to pull out my hand gun, just for it to get knocked out of my hands by someone dressed in all black. They swing their fist towards me and land it straight onto my jaw. I fall onto the concrete roof, my jaw pulsating with pain.

"Y/n are you ok?" I hear Kate say as she kneels down beside me.

"Watch out." I mumble, speaking hurts to much at the moment.

"What?"

"Kate watch out!" I say much louder. The person in black grabs Kate by the shoulders and throws her across the roof, giving me just enough time to get up and run towards the mysterious person. I grab them in an attempt to put them in a choke hold but I'm unsuccessful. Instead I manage to rip the strange mask off the person.

The roof goes silent. The stranger has their back to Clint, Kate and I but long blond hair can be seen. The girl slowly turns around and the air in my lungs instantly gets knocked out. Realisation hits me like a tank... it's Yelena.

"Yelena?" I question not sure if this is really her or not. But before I could get a response she runs and dives off of the roof. "No!" I yell running towards her but Clint catches me before anything can happen. "Let go of me Clint!" I yell, my eyes stinging with tears.

"You know I can't do that Y/n." Clint says sternly.

"Who the hell was that?!" Kate questions. Clint finally let's me go and I run to the edge of the roof looking down the see if I can still spot her or not. I can't. My eyes are burning with tears as I turn to face the other two.

Yelena and I were trained together as black widow assassins. We went on missions together and stuck by each others side through all the torture and torment we got during our time as black widows. Through ever break down or break through, we were always there for each other. Until she managed to escape. I was left for the wolves and she never once came back for me. Even after I managed to escape, I heard nothing from her or her sister for the matter. We never put a label on what we had but anyone with eyes could see we were more then friends.

But now it looks like she's back, not for me but for revenge.