Chapter|1

Warning⚠️ : Violence up ahead!

"You're useless and of no use to me! How on earth did I produce a worthless and monstrous thing like you?"

"You always saw me as a monster and not your son..."

"Looking at your face just makes me want to break you in half. You're absolutely useless to me. I'm going to beat the hell out of you and keep you in the basement for three days without food or water. Maybe you'll learn your lesson then."

"Hurt me all you want Father but you have no right calling me a monster when you're one yourself..."

"You impudent son!...

The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground. The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky. The road was quiet and seemed like it was dead. The sounds that could be heard were leaves rustling in the breeze and the sound of chirping birds flying in the sky. Together, they compose a beautiful song about nature.

On a bridge spanning a valley underneath, stood Vegas Kornwit Theerapanyakul, an 18-year-old guy staring sightlessly into space, humming an impeccably dark tune.

His cold gaze trailed down to look at the valley underneath the bridge. There was an alertness in his eyes, behind the glasses that sat crookedly on his nose. Recalling all of those memories, the harsh treatment he received from his father because he was twisted, he was beginning to agree with the fact that he indeed was a monster but like the twisted person he was, he couldn't care less.

Vegas was a sociopath diagnosed with ASPD; Antisocial Personality Disorder. He lacked empathy toward others. He does not have a fully functional conscience and was very manipulative, exploitative, and sometimes abusive toward other people. He had poor emotional control and the tendency to behave violently was very high.

His father never wanted him because of this even though he had no choice but to name Vegas his heir. Vegas always thought his father had no right calling him monstrous when he was one himself. His father constantly abused his mom until she breathed her last.

He endured being beaten as a child and sleeping on the cold basement floor for days without any food or water. How heartless can a parent be to treat their flesh and blood in such a cruel and heartless way even if they were a little twisted?

He glanced at the gun he had in hand and a sinister smile perked at the corner of his lips. Any passer-by might think his main purpose for being at the bridge was to commit suicide when in fact, he only came to get a breather.

"It's so boring here." He mumbled to himself but suddenly...

"Idiot!" A voice reverberated behind the mafia heir and he was instantly startled.

He turned to look at the source and was met with a little boy probably a year younger, holding tightly onto his bicycle while angrily glaring at the mafia heir.

Vegas stared at the boy with indifference, his eyes void of any emotions.

"Rude." He mumbled and looked away from the nuisance. He closed his eyes but again...

"You stupid piece of shit!" The boy yelled and this time, the mafia heir wanted nothing more than to kick his ass.

"Did you just call me a piece of shit?" He tried to confirm. Maybe he heard it wrong.

"Yes, I did. Are you going to kill me with your toy gun?" He scoffed at Vegas. The naive boy mistook a real gun for a toy one.

Vegas stared at the boy but couldn't make out his words. This kid was a nuisance but weirdly he looked innocent. Playing with innocent stuff was his specialty.