Chapter|8

Finally, we've resumed updates. I hope you enjoy this one.

•••••

Pete woke up to a bucket of cold water being poured on him. He shot up from the bed he was sleeping on and looked over to find Joey grinning at him. He refused to sleep in the same room as Vegas after they returned from the casino and Vegas allowed him to use the guest room. Pete shot the young man a deadly glare, his hand aching to throw a fist in Joey's face.

"What the hell did you do that for?" Pete's tone was laced with irritation, water dripping down his body onto the floor.

Joey dropped the bucket and crossed his arm over his chest. "I had no choice. I kept waking you but you wouldn't budge." He shrugged.

"What do you want?" Pete runs his hand through his wet hair.

"Vegas asked for you. He said something about getting you trained."

Pete frowned at the reply, the event from last night playing in his mind. It wasn't pleasant to remember. The bastard really meant it when he said he would train Pete. The last thing he wanted was to be trained and most especially if it was Vegas going to take charge.

"I'm not going." Pete spun around and started walking into the bathroom.

"You seriously are a stubborn one, Pete. Do you want him to have your head? You're not scared of him?" Joey shook his head in disbelief. "I know you're quite stubborn but you might want to come with me before hell breaks loose."

There was no reply on Pete's side, only the sound of water could be heard from the bathroom. Joey plopped down onto the couch, waiting to get the stubborn bear out to the training ground.

After what felt like forever, Pete made his way his way out with a towel wrapped around his waist. He came to an abrupt stop after realizing the young man was still in the room.

"You're still here?"

"I'm not leaving without you. Hurry up already!" Joey exclaimed. His eyes scanned Pete from head to toe, a smirk appearing against his lips.

"What are you staring at?" Pete asked with a frown. 

"Hold up Pete, don't look at me like that. I have a boyfriend." He stood to his feet. "I finally understand why Vegas is crazy about you. Dress up so we head out."

Why do they think he's crazy about me? That man is a complete psychopath who sees me as his toy. Pete couldn't help his thoughts as he threw on his clothes.

Finally done, he followed Joey out. He didn't want to go but thinking of what his disobedience might cause, he decided to play it safe. They arrived at the training grounds where lots of guards were excessively training. The commanding tone of Vegas was one to send shivers up your spine.

He noticed the guards who were shot the last time were all seated and not participating in today's training section. Relief washed over Pete as he confirmed they were all okay.

Vegas turned around and suddenly locked eyes with Pete. Pete noticed the piercing gaze of the mafia and was beginning to get uncomfortable but, that didn't stop him from unconsciously admiring Vegas' fit and strong body, the muscles which are not covered in a lot of fat, the sweat from the intense training dripping down his perfectly toned broad chest. The sight was heavenly and it was to die for.

Pete hadn't realized how hard he was staring until...

"Don't tell me you're drooling over my brother?" Macau's voice startled Pete which brought him out of the daze he was in.