Jealousy

i've never been a fan of the phrase you dont ask you dont get - as a person who struggles to recognise my needs for the most part and then struggles to ask for help, this phrase is like saying L skill issue - so im going to subject my fave character to it :D mixed with some juicy juicy jealousy you recognise isn't fair but still have to feel

Continuing on from my fics of I'm sick of raising your kids in my previous book!!

pov i know nothing about how gymnastics, gymnastics competitions and American schools work but i did used to do dance competitions so 

one time, right before i went on stage, i ripped my frenulum so i went out on stage with it bleeding - idk how it ripped but now i can never get a smiley piercing :(

Since the incident where Dick was made to be a parent for a while and then subsequently got tortured, Bruce had been trying a lot more to engage with his kids, especially Dick. It was one hell of a wake-up call. He took over more jobs (after the acrobat had to explain how to do most of them which were rather embarrassing) and Dick tried his best to go back to being a normal teenager. Well, as normal as he could be when he was a kid vigilante.

To help with being a normal teenager, his brothers encouraged him to take up gymnastics. It was honestly a surprise he hadn't gone for it considering his past in the circus and current flexibility but then they remembered how much he was doing before Bruce stepped up so he probably didn't have time. He'd been lucky since, although they usually weren't holding tryouts in the second term, someone has dropped out of the team over the summer so they were on the hunt for their next star. The coach upon seeing him walk in lit up and those on the team were whispering excitedly to one another. Turns out they'd been wanting to scout him out for a while but since he had a habit of disappearing during lunch, they never had the chance to talk. 

"Is it true you can perform the quadruple somersault on the trapeze?" one of them had asked before his tryout. He smiled at the question, feeling a sense of pride when he nodded. "That's so cool! I'm Gwen by the way. I really hope you get on the team, you'd really be a great member."

"What makes you so sure?" he replied.

"Because your parents were the Flying Graysons! You're part of the most skilled acrobatic groups in the world so you've already got the basics. We need another acrobatic gymnast so I can compete." She seemed to realise what she said and quickly made an attempt to play it off. "I mean that's if you wanna go into acrobatic gymnastics, we have facilities for everything here. You'd be great at trampolining or something."

"If I get on the team, I'd be happy to work with you," he assured her. She seemed nice enough and acrobatic gymnastics seemed right up his alley. "Wish me luck?"

"You don't need luck! But good luck."

Since then, every Tuesday and Thursday was training day but he did some stuff on the side to make sure he was always in top form. Meeting the other people on the team turned out to be a great help too. 

There were five of them on the main team then three replacements who couldn't dedicate all their time to the team so worked to replace people out sick or injured. All of which gave him a warm welcome and gushed about looking forward to working with him. It hadn't occurred to Dick that his parents and himself were sort of famous for their work. He was so used to being known for his connection to Bruce or being Robin that it was actually kind of nice to know his parents were being remembered.