Introductions

No One's POV
[recap of last chapter]

Opening the door, Gon was relieved to be back. "I'm home!" He said. "We're with him!" Killua and Alluka added. Mito's voice, confused, questioned, "Oh, welcome back Gon did you bring company?" She turned the corner of the kitchen to look at the front door. Her glass fell to the floor. "KILLUA?!"

[continued]

"Hey Mito, don't say his name while Gon is around, you know how he gets." A male voice shouted from farther in the house. It began to get closer. "He pretends to be okay but we all know how he really feels. I kinda feel ba-" He entered the room. "DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO SHUT UP?!" Mito yelled. Ging gave an apologetic look. Killua and Gon blushed at Ging's words. "HE'S JUST JOKING! I DIDN'T MISS YOU! I mean.. I did miss you but I wasn't all depressed or anything. Don't listen to Ging!" Gon tried to cover up the spilled info. It did not work.
Alluka smirked and gave him a look as she welcomed herself inside. Introducing herself politely as if she was innocent.
"Look Gon, I am so sorry, I meant none of that, I was joking guys!" Ging says. "It's too late for that." Gon follows. He will be partially upset with him for at least a few days.
"So... how long has it been since you've been here, Killua?" Mito asks trying to clear the tension. "6 years I believe, ma'am" he replies. "Ah, and you've gotten more respectful, have you decided to end your streak of hating women?" She questions.
In Killua's silence, he is freaking out. Now he's come to the conclusion that any woman is a witch. Explains Alluka (her teasing).
Alluka then reintroduces herself and switches to Nanika. "Killua, friends?" He nods reassuringly and she politely introduced herself.
Awkward silence clears as Mito decides Ging will help her with the cooking while the kids do some catching up on Whale Island.
And so they do, the four of them played like children again. They laughed under the sun for hours without end. Something Alluka couldn't do before now. Something she had been stripped away from before. Unfairly lacking what she deserved. She felt, fufilled, both Alluka and Nanika, as they really have never breathed such clean, cheerful air before.
They felt their lungs fill without pain and their body take flight as they found themselves attempting to hide their joyous tears.
Some happiness all too delayed.