1.

Koku's POV;

I bowed before the Demon King, beside the other Uppermoons. He was scolding us for still not having the flower he so desperately needed.

Centuries and more.. and still, none of you can find it? " Muzan's icy gaze combed over all of us. Hantengu bit back a whimper, and Akaza swallowed back frustration.

I decided to speak up. " I.. deeply apologize.. on behalf.. of all the Uppermoons,.. Lord Muzan.. "

Muzan swept his harsh gaze toward me, but I felt his rough, agitated aura smooth out. " Do not apologize for your fellow subordinates' incompetence, Kokushibou. "

I bowed my head lower in silent acceptance. He always seemed slightly calmer with me; I found it strange, but I was glad to not be angering him more.

" As for the rest of you... " His tone grew grim and serious as he spoke once more to my fellow Uppermoons. " Find that damn flower if it's the last thing you do. Understood? "

The others nodded. " Good. Now get out of my sight. Wait, Kokushibou. " He added as we all stood. I faced him, my hands hanging loosely by my sides.

He stood up and walked closer to me. " I have a different mission for you. "

I raised one eyebrow. He continued. " I want you to spy on the Demon Hunters. I know there's one there with your blood in his body. I have a feeling he's among the Hashira. "

 A Hashira with my blood..?  The thought was both confusing and intriguing. Muzan nodded. " Find him, and bring him here alive. Do not engage in combat with any other Pillars, clear? "

 I nodded once. " Good. I'll be watching through your eyes from time to time, and I will tell Nakime when to bring you back. " He told me.

I stared at him, reading his eyes. He kept his emotions tucked safely away, only ever showing displeasure or anger. But in the bright red optics, there was a spark of...

Concern,  I realized with a jolt. He quirked one eyebrow and echoed my thought aloud. " 'Concern?' "

I shook my head. " Random thought. "

He stared questioningly at me for a moment longer. I felt sweat bead on my forehead, but then he turned away with a shrug. " Fine. You may go. "

I bowed once, then hurried toward Nakime, who nodded as she saw me. " Good luck. You could be gone a while. " The biwa demon spoke softly.  I nodded. " Thank you... " I answered.

I noticed her shoulders shake as she rose her pick, but I didn't have time to question it before she brought her arm down, and with a resounding 'twang', I was out of the infinity castle.

I glanced around. Okay.. I realized I was shaking. I didn't know why. I took a deep breath and shook my head, scolding myself. Don't be stupid, Kokushibou. Calm down. This will be as easy as breathing. I told myself.

-

Hah, get left hanging. Anyway, there'll be much more to this story, just gimme time to write. I hope you guys end up liking this, because I'll probably really enjoy writing it a lot

Word count; 530.