4.

this is starting way, way back from chapter 3 when Koku first grabbed Mui.
-----
Muichirou's POV;

I spun around from where I had been standing, staring at the sky, alerted by sudden movements. As soon as I did, I saw a demon reach for me.

Just as he reached out, Himejima's axe flew at the demon's head. Without a second's hesitation, the demon unsheathed his katana and deflected the blow. But his katana snapped. All us Pillars gasped collectively. I stared at the demon with widened eyes.

After another heartbeat, he reached out and grabbed me before I could react. I heard the others scream in unison, " Tokito! "

I shrieked and writhed, desperately trying to get out of his grasp. But I inevitably failed. " Let me go! " I screamed at him. He only gripped me tighter. By instinct, I wrapped my arms around his neck so I wouldn't fall, reluctantly accepting that I wasn't getting away.

I heard a sudden, unexplainable noise, and found myself in a strange place. An average-looking man with black hair , a white fedora, and red eyes stood in front of us. The demon set me down, forcing me to kneel beside him.

" Good job, Kokushibou. I'm glad you aren't a failure like the others. " The man spoke to the demon who grabbed me in a calm, proud-sounding manner.

Then the man turned to me. " Tell me your name and seat among the Demon Hunters. "

" I'm not telling you anything. " I snapped back at him.

The man leaned down and grabbed my collar. I gasped and gripped his wrist.

" T-- Tokitou, Muichirou!- I'm.. I'm the Mist Pillar..! "

The man dropped me. " Alright, then, Muichirou. Here's how this is going to work. "

--timeskip--

I'd quickly agreed to the terms, and now the demon -- Kokushibou -- was in possession of my katana, rendering me useless.

" Kokushibou, I trust you to watch this child. He is to be under your surveillance at all times, clear? " The man spoke again.

His voice freaked me out; the way it was so icily calm, but his words were harsh.

" Understood. " Kokushibou answered firmly. " Good. Muichirou, do not try anything funny, understood? " The man turned to me.

I nodded. " Understood... "

" Good. Oh, and Kokushibou.. He is not to leave the castle. If you need to go out, leave him with Akaza. "

I saw Kokushibou nod again. " You may go. " The man waved his hand, then disappeared.

Kokushibou led me to what I assumed to be his room. He gripped my wrist tightly the entire time, not letting up until we got there.

I winced as he threw me on the ground and watched as he sat cross-legged in front of me, staring at me. " So.. what do.. you want.. to do? " He asked me.

I stared at him, then started fidgeting with my thumbs. " Er.. I wanna know who that man was. " I began.

" Lord Muzan. " Kokushibou answered. My body immediately stiffened.

Muzan! That was Muzan..! I paused, then thought, he looks like a divorced American father.

I snickered inwardly. Kokushibou tipped his head to one side, his eyes narrowing.

Six eyes.. I observed. Freaky. Then I read the words in his eyes. Uppermoon One! That's why Kibutsuji was more relaxed than he should've been; He has the second strongest demon right there.

" Is there.. anything else.. you wanna know? " Kokushibou asked me. "Yeah, actually. Why did you take me, of all the Pillars? "

There was a pause, then Kokushibou shook his head subtly. " You.. were the easiest.. to grab.. at that moment. "

He's lying. I observed quickly. I narrowed my eyes. He seemed to catch on, and snorted as if to say ' I'm not telling you anything. '

So I dropped the matter. " How long will I be here? "

Kokushibou paused again. " I.. don't know. As long.. as Lord Muzan... wants to.. keep you here.. I'd guess.. "

" Shit, that could be a while.. " I muttered. Kokushibou nodded. " I can.. take you to.. meet the others.. if you want. "

I stared at him. " Anything's better than be stuck with just one dimwit. "

He rolled his eyes and stood up, grabbing my wrist again. " Ow, bastard! Loosen your grip damnit, you're gonna bruise me! " I raised my voice slightly.

His only reply was to grip my wrist tighter. I let out a sort of growl of frustration. " Loosen your grip, shitface! "

Kokushibou ignored me and began walking. We soon reached some room, and he slid the door open.

The room itself was quite beautiful. It had a peaceful air. The bottom was covered in water, with wooden platforms to walk on.

In the center of the back of the room, sat another demon. This one had long, messy, silvery hair and rainbow eyes. There was a calm smile on his face. He wore a red shirt with a black collar and baggy beige pants.

The second demon stood up as he spotted Kokushibou. It wasn't till then that I realized how tall he was. He was a little taller than Himejima. He walked towards us and glanced between Kokushibou and I.

" Greetings, Kokushibou-dono ! What brings you here? And who is this child? " Asked the second demon. " Hello, Douma.. this is one.. of the Pillars. And I'm... bringing him.. around the castle. "

" Ah, I see ! " Douma and Kokushibou talked for a little bit, and I just stood there.

This is boring. I wanna meet someone less annoying. I began rocking back and forth on my heels, thinking about some stuff . Nothing in particular, just whatever came to mind.

My wrist was really starting to hurt now. I struggled but Kokushibou didn't let go. So I resorted to my last option. I let out a whine.

Kokushibou glared down at me and let go. I snickered to myself, then held my wrist close to my face and inspected it. Anger bubbled in my stomach.

" You did bruise me! Fuckin' shitface! " I spat. Kokushibou glared down at me again, and I glared back. I wasn't about to be easy for him to deal with.

" He's quite the feisty one, no? " Douma observed. Kokushibou rolled his middle pair of eyes exasperatedly.

As Kokushibou gripped my wrist again, I physically winced. He could compete with Himejima with such strength. It hurt.

He dragged me along, then, as we reached another room, he threw the door open and practically tossed me inside. " Ow, shithead! " I gasped. " What did I do to you?! "

" Watch.. this boy.. Akaza. " was all Kokushibou said before turning away and disappearing. He matches Himejima in strength, and Uzui in speed.. freaky.

" Eh? Kokushibou, hang on a second-! " I heard a male voice behind me. I turned around and there was a demon. He was covered in blue stripes, which contrasted brightly against his literal snow-white skin. Short pink hair sat atop his head.

I wrinkled my nose. " You're Akaza? " I asked in a grossed-out voice.
--
get cliffhanger'd. sorry.
anygays, word count; 1,160.