12. [Final]

Hey again. This is the final chapter for this book. Thank you all so much for all the reads and votes. I really appreciate it. I will be continuing to post updates for other stories, but after I publish this, I'll leave it alone.

If you guys would like a sequel, tell me. I'm leaning towards writing one already, but I want the rest of you guys' thoughts.

Thank you again for all the reads and votes. I can't explain just how much it means to me. <33

Thanks again to all you wonderful people who stuck around from the start of this book. I value all of you <33
---------------------------------------------------------

Kokushibou's POV;

I wandered through the infinity castle, alone with my thoughts. I couldn't stop thinking about Yoriichi. How did he come back..? I killed him for sure!..

I shuddered, remembering my younger brother's ghostly sparkle and slightly transparent form. He's a ghost.. but that doesn't explain how he came back, or how he found me.

I shook my head resolutely, firmly deciding to put all thoughts of my brother out of my mind. I returned to my room and headed for my training section.

I took a deep breath and undid my kimono, letting it hang around my waist. I rolled my shoulder blades and stretched before gripping my katana.

I lost track of time as I trained. Not that I needed to train at all, or keep track of time, but I was bored. All I knew was that it'd been a long time.

----
Muzan's POV;

I watched Kokushibou train silently from his doorway, one hand covering my mouth and nose. There was no word to describe the way he looked, other than hot.

Sweat dripped down his back and soaked the back of his head. His breath billowed in front of his face, and his speed was unimaginable. On top of all that, his muscles glittered. He really was everything one could dream of.

" You've been training for quite a while. Aren't you tired? " I asked after a few more minutes of watching him. He froze and dropped his katana, whirling around to face me. A look of shock crossed his face, then his cheeks turned a soft pink color. He cleared his throat and shook his head.

" H- How long.. have you.. been there..? " Kokushibou asked me. I shrugged. " I only got here a little bit ago, but I know you. " I replied. He sighed and picked up his katana, swinging it quickly to get whatever crap there was on it off. Then he put it back in its sheath.

I watched as he fixed his kimono, swallowing back disappointment at his hiding his body. He knelt down. " Forgive me. What.. can I do.. for you.. my Lord..? " He asked.

I supressed a chuckle. He's always so formal with me.

" I just want you to check up on Akaza and Kaigaku. I haven't seen much of either of them since the Pillars saved Muichirou. " I said.

" Of course. " He nodded. " Is.. that all? "

" I want to see you in my office afterwards. " I told him. He nodded again. " Go. " I ordered. Without a second of hesitation, Kokushibou darted out the door towards Akaza's room.

I used to hate myself for loving him, I thought, returning to my office and sitting down at my desk. But now I know I made the right choice. His loyalty exceeds my wishes. And he's strong.

I let out a long sigh. We've come a long way. It's funny how he went from being a Demon Hunter to being the most loyal demon to the king of all demons. I chuckled quietly at the thought, focusing my gaze on an empty corner in my office.

He's amazing in every aspect. Intelligent, strategic, powerful, sure of himself, confident, fearless, and compassionate in all the right times. I rested my head on my desk, marveling at the thought that such a perfect man was mine.

I love him to the ends of the earth. It'll be that way forever. I smiled softly to myself. Then I heard a knock at my door. I straightened up and cleared my throat -- and my mind. " Come in. "

Kokushibou slid the door open, stepped in, and closed it behind him. I turned fully to him. " How did it go? " I asked, crossing my legs. " Akaza is.. doing okay. He's.. disappointed , though, because.. he said he liked.. hanging out with Muichirou.. " Kokushibou answered. " And Kaigaku? " I prompted.

He hesitated. " Kaigaku is.. disappointed with.. himself.. for ' failing you, ' .. he said... "

" He didn't fail me. " I stated firmly. Then I sighed. " I'll talk to him later. I want to speak with you right now, Kokushibou. "

" Okay. What.. is it.. my Lord? " Kokushibou asked, staring at me. I let out a sigh. " Kokushibou, what makes you so unshakeably loyal to me? "

He seemed to falter a little. A soft light pink color creeped onto his cheeks. " Well.. I uhm... " He gulped and shifted his weight. " I realized how... great you.. were. I thought... you must've had.. a great plan.. in mind,.. and I was right. "

My eyes widened as he went on. " After a couple.. centuries, though, it became.. more of a.. er- more of an.. an admiration thing. I.. admired everything.. about you.. and that admiration.. shifted into respect.. and undying loyalty.. " He swallowed.

" You admired someone like me? " I asked. He nodded. " You.. had everything.. I was looking for... in a leader.. " He replied. I blinked in shock and sunk to the ground on my knees, gesturing for him to join me.

Kokushibou knelt in front of me. His shoulders were slumped. I swallowed. " Thank you, Kokushibou. " I mumbled. He shook his head.

" No.. thank you, Lord Muzan.. for awakening.. those long-lost feelings. " He murmured.
---------------------------------------------------------
eeeeee!!
it's finally done- :')

now that this is over, I'll be working in my Inotan story. I'll be abandoning Doukaza for a little, because I'm blank-minded on ideas.

Final word count; 1000.