Prologue

[ Sequel To Rules & Roses ]

PROLOGUE

'Mourning'

George's breathing sped as his eyes caught the sight of Y/n's bloodied maroon sweater, it was folded neatly and placed in a box that fitted it right, as if it was a gibe from its origin, mocking him for his vulnerable state after his sisters death.

He glazed his fingers over the polyester after a deep thought, picking it up from the black cardboard box that came with it. It was like the memories waved into him like a tsunami, hitting him like a punching bag.

Almost immediately, the tears started to form and escape the lids of his eyes, the sobs stocking deep in his throat as he tried to push back the brutal thoughts that shattered him like annealed glass.

His sister, the last family member he's ever had and the closest person to his heart is gone and there was no way to bringing her back.

He stared down at the fabric now wet with tears and freshened almost unnoticeable blood. The sight, the smell, the sense, it bought him back to the day.

It was painful, he felt his heart strings tug and drop to his stomach. So much PTSD for such a day that his memory for it was just a blurry but either way it still hurted as much.

The cardboard dropped to the floor with the thud as the brunette held the maroon fabric close to his chest, his knuckles turning white with how tight his hold became.

Tears prickled from his eyes, dripping everywhere and staining his rosy cheeks. Sniffles and sobs echoed through the empty hallway, where he had opened the box after finding it outside of his front door.

George's head was clouded with agonizing memories, his demons that seemed to taunt him through heavy ground-pinned chains and gigantic netherite dividers now roaming freely in the back of his head.

Ever since L'manberg exploded, everything changed for the worse. The unstoppable trio of titled gods and goddess were separated between huge bodies of water and even taking far through dimensions.

Like they weren't all supposed to be fighting alongside each other and this was realities punishment.

Y/n, Who everyone knew and called as the goddess of redress ever since she died to a sword on the back. It was a devastating event as everyone believed she tried to stop the explosions from happening when it couldn't be further from the truth.

Technoblade, known as the blood god for obvious reasons, for his ruthless and brutal ways in battles, is currently traveling outside of the map's borders, willing to cross the large ocean to escape the syndicates and assassins that was sent after his trails.

And Dream, everyone referred to him as the King of Outlaw, simply because everyone saw him as the villain. He's long gone, trapped in an obsidian box surrounded by lavas and elder guardians to slow his attempts to escape. No one knows what he could be doing at this moment, most likely grieving about his lost lover alone without a companion.

A knock was heard throughout the semi-empty house, catching George's attention. He sniffled and wiped his stinging eyes before opening the door to be met with none other than his best-friend.

"George, H--... What's the matter?" Sapnap's voice softened as he looked at
his friend's bloodshot eyes and stained cheeks. His eyes shifted down to see how George clutched at the familiar clothing close to his chest.

"The funeral home sent this to me." George's voice was ragged and broken as a sob followed suit. It was a late arrival, he was sure that the people that was responsible for his sisters autopsy just forgot to send the hoodie back along with her other pieces clothing she had when she passed.