Chapter 3

"By the way Murdoch, I'm so glad that we get to come over to your house this evening." Felicia said to him as the cold evening air blew against their faces. "Oh it's no problem Felicia. It's been a while since I last saw you before you first started university." He told her with a smile on his face. "Are you kidding Murdoch? The last time I saw you before I started coming to university, is during the summer job I had working at a Dairy Queen. You were one of the first customers I saw on the first day I started working." During the walk to Murdoch's house, nothing happened out of the ordinary. Lily had a smile that started to spread on her face. Felicia turned her head towards her little sister to see if she was following behind her. She was only twenty feet away from Felicia. "Wait minute there sir." Felicia said as she grabbed Murdoch by his right shoulder. Murdoch turned around and saw that Lily was struggling to keep up with them. The two young adults waited for Lily to catch up with them. She was looking down at the ground. Lily was wondering if Murdoch and her sister were more than just friends. "Hey Lily, why are you looking at the ground? Are you okay? Are you thinking about something?" Murdoch asked her as he waited. The smile didn't fade off of Lily's face as she walked up to her big sister and her friend. Her head was now pointing toward Felicia and Murdoch. Felicia was worried.

Lily quickly walked up to them and began to say "Actually, Murdoch I was wondering, are you and my..." Lily's mouth was covered by her sister's hand. Murdoch turned to her and asked "What was she going to be asking me? Oh don't tell me. She was going to be asking me if we're dating?" Murdoch queried as he chuckled at that thought. Felicia laughed along too. That laughing face of hers soon turned into a serious face. "Murdoch can you hang on for just one second?" Felicia said as she turned away from Murdoch and started to look at her sister straight in the eye. Lily prepared herself for what Felicia had to say. "Lily can you please not say that in front of my own friend? He's worked hard to organize some fun for us when we get to his house. The last thing I want is for you do say something that can mess the whole thing up. Murdoch and I are not dating, period. I want you to behave well while we are at his house, otherwise I would tell Mom and Dad that you were not good while I was babysitting you. Do you want to hang out with me again, or spend a whole night grounded doing nothing but homework?" Felicia asked her in a calm tone and serious tone of voice. Lily shook her head no. "Then let's go and don't fall behind." The two sisters continued their way following Murdoch. The sun was gone from the horizon. "Wait for me!" Lily shouted as she jogged behind them. "I told you to keep up!" Felicia stated as she walked alongside Murdoch. They both were enjoying the beautiful sunset. Lily tripped and fell on the sidewalk. "Seriously? Are you two going to leave me here on the sidewalk?" She questioned in a squeaky sort of voice. When Lily looked up, Murdoch and her sister disappeared around the corner. She groaned as she got herself back up. Suddenly she heard a buzzing sound coming from her left. When she turned her head, she saw a cellphone lying on the grass. It looked awfully familiar.

This cellphone had a yellow case just like the one she found at the bus stop. "This can't be the same one." Lily said to herself. She picked up the cellphone and stared at its screen. A message that said "You have one new text" was on the screen. Lily didn't want to see what it read, but she wanted to know what the new text was. Her left pointer finger touched the message. The new message read "I would run if I were you. Take a look behind on the road." Lily looked over her right shoulder and saw that there was a black Honda SUV slowly rolling towards her. The vehicle had a rusted out license plate. It was impossible to see what was written on it. The rust covers letters and numbers of the entire license plate. Lily looked at the rest of the text message. "I would be more than happy to meet you myself. I am a stranger that offers candy to sweet children." There was a smiley face at the end of the last sentence of the message. Lily screamed and ran once she saw the car was right next to the curb near the sidewalk she was standing on. As Lily ran, she checked over her shoulder to see if the car was still following her. The black car backed off of the grass and started to follow her. Lily put the phone in her pocket while she ran. "Felicia! Murdoch! Help! Somebody's chasing me!" Lily's feet pounded on sidewalk. She looked over her shoulder. The car was slowly rolling down the road. It was hard to see who was driving because the car had tinted windows. Lily ran only for a few feet. Felicia and Murdoch were waiting for her near a street sign at a three way intersection. Once she ran around the next curve in the street. The street sign said, "Meadow drive". "Felicia there's a car chasing me!" Lily screamed as she nearly knocked into her sister into the intersection. Murdoch looked out at the street from where Lily was running away from. "Okay, Lily, it's okay. Did you see another stranger again?" Felicia asked in a nervous yet serious tone of voice.