Chapter 22

Lily took the cellphone out of the bag. Her hands trembled. Once her pointer finger touched the phone's screen, the new text showed up right away. Lily read through the text. It said, "Ha ha, you thought the figure in the cloak was me. I was laughing seeing you getting bamboozled. You see that robot was used to take Lily and her friend back to my hideout. I didn't expect you to break out of the small room and try to get your sister back. That's when I thought that I could get you into trouble and I will be taking your sister to my home. Though obviously that plan didn't work. I am still laughing from the fun time I had with you this evening. Seeing you nearly getting into trouble. It just made me laugh uncontrollably. Watching you trying to escape and destroy my servants is just making me a bit insane. I don't prefer causing chaos to everybody you see. I only like to manipulate to get what I want. Unfortunately, it's time for you to go back to my sweet home with your sister and yourself. This studio has a lot of traps in its walls. It's only a matter of time. Talk to you later." Lily didn't like what she had to read from the text. She left the phone on the front desk of the reception area. Soon enough, the cellphone rang. Lily didn't felt like answering it. So she walked down the hallway. "Lily? Lily? Please pick up the phone." A familiar voice whimpered from the cellphone. Lily though that the stranger was trying to trick her, ignoring the cellphone on the desk.

The phone made a long buzzing sound and was moving off of the desk. Lily couldn't see in the dark without a light. The light switches on the walls didn't help. Lily turned around and saw that the phone was sliding up to her as fast as a skateboard. The phone stopped rumbling once it got a centimeter away from her feet. There was a familiar face on the screen. It was Felicia. She was wiping the tears from her eyes. "Felicia, is it really you?" Lily asked as her face was starting to become a bit less scared now that she can talk to Felicia again. "Felicia, I'm so glad to see you again. I'm going to get you out of here." Lily declared. "Be careful, whoever this creep is. He or she has a lot of traps everywhere. Murdoch escaped because I sprung a trap that could capture only one person. I'm trapped inside this small room, along with another girl that has the same name as you. She told me that somebody used sleeping gas on her and left her yellow phone at the bus stop. It should be in the waiting room." The phone call stopped. "Felicia! Felicia!" Lily yelled with tears in her eyes. The strangers watched as Lily cried for a few seconds holding the phone. The stranger was emotionless while watching. Lily wiped the tears from her eyes and ran to the waiting room. She saw the phone with the yellow case on the closest table to the reception desk. Confused, Lily picked up the phone and checked it. She was sure that the device would have received some new texts. There were no new texts sent to the phone.

Lily used the flashlight app on the phone. She used that light to shine through the dark hallways. The lightbulb protectors and parts of the ceiling were starting to fall apart. A snack machine was on its side and there was some soda cans all across the hallway from the machine. None of the cans were opened. There were some colored liquids that were spilled underneath the pop cans. The liquids were coming from a piece of the ventilation system that had fallen from inside of the ceiling. Lily backed up from a short distance. She then ran a jumped onto the piece of ventilation. There was a squeaking sound that made Lily jump for a second. A rat scurried over to the liquids on the floor. The rat began licking at a green liquid. Lily continued down the hall. She eventually stopped at a corner that had windows that were in near mint condition. There were papers strewn from a broken suitcase that was on a bench near the window. Lily noticed that there was some black tape forming a line between the corner and the hallway. It was the same thing for the other hallway that was connected to the corner. Lily thought that there was a trap built into the corner somehow. She shined the flashlight from the phone onto the ceiling. It was in worse shape like the rest of the ceiling throughout the building. Lily then shined the light on the floor. There was nothing out of the ordinary. Lily backed up to the wall. After counting down to three, she jumped over the two lines and was in the other hallway. Lily could hear the scuttling claws of the rat as it came down the hall. The rat scurried into the corner, then the floor gave way. The rat fell down the trap hole. Lily continued to walk down the hallway. There was a set of double doors on the left. There was a sign on the wall on the left that read "To the basement". Lily felt that was where her sister was being held. The first door on the left had construction tape all over it. Lily quickly walked to the double doors. As soon as she opened them both up, something was thrown at Lily.