Chapter 9

As the buzzing continued, Lily felt that the iPad would continue to follow her until she would get cornered. The light blue screen on the iPad said that there was a new email that the device received. Lily picked up the iPad and went into the email. It was already open. As Lily looked at the new email, there was another video with a paragraph written underneath it. When Lily played the video, it showed a small grocery store called "Fresh groceries". Its sign was hanging above the door proudly. The lights were on, even though the sign on the door says that it's closed. As Lily watched the video, it showed somebody jumping over the counter and opening the cash register. The person then appeared to have put a cellphone from their pocket and put in the cash register. Lily recognized the person who was in the video. It was Murdoch. Lily remembered that she saw Murdoch hiding in the bush nearby. The paragraph below the video read "Congratulations! You've have found your first clue! Your sister's friend is a good hider. Somebody is bound to find that cellphone sooner or later. I hope you're ready to find the next clue. However, time is not on your side. It could be you or somebody else who might get the next clue. I am also having lots of fun with your friends and with you. See you when you find the next clue!" Something started to bother her immediately. Lily looked at the iPad and the emails it was receiving. She then looked at the different photos on the iPad. They showed a man and lady standing in front of a coliseum. The iPad was from a different person. Lily then responded to the email that had sent the clue to the iPad. She typed up a question for the stranger. The question was "How did you get this iPad?"

There was the sound of somebody dragging something heavy on the ground, coming to the gazebo. Lily turned around and saw Murdoch. He was dragging a damaged robot on the ground. "Hi Lily, are you okay?" Murdoch questioned with a serious face. He dropped the robot on the ground. Its head was glitching with half its human form, and half its robot body. The robot suddenly ran out of power and its right arm fell off of its body. "I thought you said that you were in the bushes, and that you were going to be following me as soon as I get back in the car with that robot. Why did I see you in the video on the Ipad?" Lily blurted out stunned. "I thought about following you after you found the Ipad, but I was scared that the robot might do something horrible to you." Murdoch responded with a calm yet serious tone of voice. He then went over and snatched the Ipad from Lily's hands. "Hey! Why did you do that for?" Lily asked surprised and confused. Murdoch looked at the message left by the stranger, and then looked at the video. Lily watched him watch the video as stared at. He was focusing on finding something important in the video.

"Hey Lily, are you sure it's me in the video?" Murdoch asked her. Lily nodded, positive of who she saw in the video was Murdoch. He handed the Ipad back to her, and Lily began to watch the video again. This time something caught her eye. Lily opened her mouth and couldn't believe what she saw. Murdoch's eyes in the video are burning a bright cyan color. Lily was sure that his eyes weren't burning a bright light in the video that was on the Ipad. "What's the matter Lily? Is there anything wrong?" "Yes, this is not the video that was on the Ipad. I never even saw the eyes of the person in the video burn brightly before. I can promise that you weren't glowing with cyan eyes in that video Murdoch." Lily said shocked. "Well it looks like that your next clue is at this grocery store. I have a feeling that we should keep playing this scavenger hunt that was set up by whoever kidnapped me and Felicia, so that we could find your sister." Murdoch suggested.

Murdoch took the Ipad from Lily again and ran to the car. "Murdoch wait up!" Lily said as she charged after him. "Should we call the police? They should be more helpful in trying to find Felicia." Lily said insistently. "If we call the police, whoever this twisted person is will do something bad or drag her someplace where we wouldn't see her again. Playing the scavenger hunt is the only way we can find your sister. Come on, the car that was used to get you here is still parked over here." Lily felt that the scavenger hunt might take a long time to complete. She didn't know if she was going to end up with her sister, or get herself into more trouble that she doesn't want to be in. Terrified and desperate, Lily followed Murdoch all the way back to the white car. Murdoch got in the driver's seat and Lily got in the back seat. "I know where the next clue is. It's at the grocery store in the video on the Ipad." Lily confirmed "Do you know where it is?" Murdoch asked her. Lily was so stressed and scared that she said "I don't know where the store is. I just want my big sister back." Murdoch gently rolled the car around until it was facing the park's entrance and exit. Murdoch drove the car up to the intersection. Soon the car was under the arch and then the car turned right at the intersection.

"Murdoch, where are we going?" Lily asked as the car was now speeding up to sixty kilometers an hour. "We're heading to the grocery store that was in the video. I have been there to buy groceries before." Murdoch replied concentrating on the road. Lily looked out the window. She saw the houses and trees on the road for three seconds before the car drove past them. "Murdoch slow down! We don't want to get into an accident. I just want to see my sister back safe and sound." Lily said with tear falling out of her eyes. "Trust me Lily. I know what I am doing." Murdoch responded as he continued to speed down the road. Six seconds later, Murdoch was slowing the car down as he was approaching the grocery store on the left side of the road. He turned sharply to the left as the car was approaching the store's back door. Murdoch screeched the car to a halt. Lily was about to fly into the seat in front of her, but her seatbelt kept her from doing so. The car was now parked at the back of the grocery store. Murdoch turned the car off and got out. Some of the stores that were opened had their lights on. Murdoch quickly ran to check which stores and businesses were open. Lily waited in the car. She quickly got the phone with the yellow case out and checked if any new texts appeared. There was only one new text that was on the phone. It was sent just one minute ago. Lily looked at the text and was prepared to see what kind of scares were in store. The new text said "Hi, I see that Murdoch was taking the car out for a joyride. You can trust him. After all he is your sister's friend. I am very disappointed that my robot servant was destroyed by Murdoch. It only took him three years for him to build it. That won't matter to me, because I have more robot servants that are itching to make this scavenger hunt more interesting. Now you have asked me the question of where did I get the Ipad when you were at the park. Well then Lily, that Ipad is just one handheld device that I've collected for my scavenger hunt tonight. I've either pickpocketed them, stole them from the stores where they sell iPads and iPhones, or I've found them in the lost and found boxes. Your sister is also having a great time with me. The next clue that I have put on the cellphone is going to be a shocking experience for you. I hope you're having just as much fun as I am."

Lily looked up and saw that Murdoch was returning. She turned off the cellphone and put it in her pants pocket. Murdoch opened the car door and said "I think we should be okay if go inside the store through the back door." Lily got her seatbelt off and got out of the car. Murdoch tried to open the door, but it was locked. "Hold on a second, I'll be right back." Murdoch said as he rushed back to the car. The door has a lock that can only be opened with the use of a card. There was a green light that flashed on the lock. After a short buzzing sound, the backdoor opened. It slowly opened so wide that an arm could reach the door knob from the inside. Lily pulled the door open all the way. When Murdoch returned, he was carrying a drill and a set of drill bits. He was surprised that the door was already open. "Okay, I don't know how that door opened, but I'm glad that we could get in the store." "After you Murdoch, I'll be right behind you." Lily said as she didn't know what was waiting for them inside the store. She thought that somebody would go and kidnap her or Murdoch while they were in the store. They were in the staff area and were very careful not set off any alarms. They were very close to the door that connected the staff area to the grocery store area. Murdoch put his drill and drill bits down. He looked out the door's window. Suddenly he tripped, and the door to the grocery store was flung open. An alarm rang loudly.