Su familia

I felt uneasy standing there "come on Lucas, let's go," I said looking up at him, he nodded and continued leading the way. The closer we got to the corner the more anxious I got, what horrid sight will our eyes lay on when we turn the corner? Lucas slowed down, machete gripped tight in his hand, body pressed against the brick building while approaching the corner. I followed closely behind him, glancing back the way we came, ready to attack at any moment. When I turned my head back I nearly bumped into Lucas because of his sudden stop, he looked nervous. Did he see something? Is someone there? I looked at Lucas with eyes that asked a million questions. He glanced down at me and smiled as if reassuring me everything was okay, but in his eyes, I could tell that he was trying to convince himself not me. He took a deep breath, nodded his head, and turned the corner in one swift motion, ready to strike.
It was quiet nothing but the whistling wind and the crunching of the leaves could be heard. "What's going on, Lucas?" I whispered but no response. I turned the corner ready to strike when my eyes focused on Lucas who was just a few feet in front of me, frozen.
We were on a long stretched road that had woods on both sides, down the street was a car with its hood up, and on the ground half covered by a tire was someone's arm.
I started walking towards Lucas but before I could reach him he started running down the road towards the car. I started running after him while trying to be cautious, but any hope of being quiet and unseen was lost when Lucas started yelling. I finally caught up to him to see what it was that made him run when I saw two bodies on the floor, his parents. His eyes widened as he dropped to his knees, realization setting in, "no, no, NO" he said in a broken voice as his lip quivered. Lucas and I both knew that they were gone, the look of despair on his face said it all as he pulled his parents into his arms. His tears rapidly ran down his face, as he clenched his shirt trying to calm his breathing but to no avail. His breathing started to hitch uncontrollably as choked-out sobs escaped out of his mouth while trying to gasp for air.