Where am I?

I slowly open my eyes as the light seeping through the window blinds me. The pain I feel makes me squint. I feel like I have a hangover like someone is playing the drums through my head and it won't stop.
I don't recognize the room. I look around and try to figure out where I am. I get up, my head still in a daze. "Hello?" I yell waiting for a response to accompany mine but it's dead silent. I roam the house, not knowing what I'll find or see.
It's a log cabin house. Well-built and marvelous. I was in the living room, the first room you walk into after coming through the front door, to the left of the door was a staircase and to the right of the front door was a couch, a coffee table, and a lamp. Past that was a hallway, kitchen, and door. The kitchen had a gorgeous marble-top counter with three chairs, and behind it were the kitchen appliances. Next to the kitchen sat a door, which I assumed led to the basement or backyard. I went up the stairs that led to a balcony where a bed was, there were two doors one containing a private bathroom and the other a walk-in closet. The hallway by the couch led to two doors, one a bathroom and the other a bedroom.
The house looked vacant. There were cobwebs and dust building up. I don't know who lives or lived here but I don't want to linger around, more than I have. While approaching the front door I saw something blocking the light from the semicircle on the door. I crouched down by the window that was beside the door, I lifted the curtain and peeked through. I saw a man that looked to be about 56, wearing ragged clothes and bleeding from his head. I quickly opened the door thinking he was hurt and needed help. I was immediately taken aback by his appearance, the other half of his body was atrocious. His hair had been ripped out and his scalp was bleeding. It looked like he had been in a fight with someone and lost. His arms and legs were covered in scratches and blood was oozing out of them. I was shocked how someone could still be standing after taking a beating like this, not to mention the amount of blood he must've lost.
"Sir, are you okay? Would you like me to call an ambula-" but before I could finish my sentence the guy charged me.