Dorian Aasir Émile

Full Name: Dorian Aasir Émile

Nicknames: D, Em (feel free to make up any too)

Pronouns: he/they

Age range: 18 - 23

Gender: male

Sexuality: pansexual

Faceclaim: Pierre Sekongo

Major: Math

Personality: He is quite intelligent - brilliant even - and not just book-smart. He's rather observant and often notices even minute details that might often go unnoticed otherwise. He accepts his strengths, though he's neither boastful nor modest. He can express his gratitude when it's deserved, and he won't apologize unless he was truly at fault and it caused harm or inconvenience to someone else. He enjoys getting strong reactions out of people, especially those close to him. For this reason, he will bring up controversial topics, even in otherwise mundane conversations. He is meticulous in his work and often becomes absorbed in whatever is holding his focus. But if he has no interest in a topic, he becomes impatient and will not spare any effort for it unless he has to. He does not care for his reputation, though he understands how social norms and the media can often be used to change a person's perception. Although he can be quite talkative and outgoing, he is introverted and prefers to have at least a few hours of alone time per day. He has a competitive streak, as well as a petty and stubborn side. Even so, he's not a sore loser. He does have a rather high opinion of his abilities so if he is competing at something he is particularly talented at, he will be surprised if he loses. If someone cheats while competing against them, they will purposely block their attempts. They have their pride, and so won't cheat in a fair match. But if their  opponent cheats first, they won't feel guilty about cheating as well. He always has a trick or two up his sleeve, but he often won't use them unless he's pushed to. When they have a short-term project or problem they are intrigued by or passionate about, they become entirely focused on that thing to the point they often forgo basic necessities such as eating or sleep. They have no trouble with worrying over helpless points though; they can easily compartmentalize their thoughts and put away the ones that won't do any good at the moment. As such, it is usually fairly easy for them to separate their work and home lives. To relax, they'll often use music as a stress reliever, both playing and listening. They know how to play a variety of instruments due to their parents being music professors. Their favorite to play is the kalimba and they prefer to listen to instrumental music of any genre. They find music with lyrics distracting and they dislike losing their train of thought. They give clear explanations and walk through any questions when asked about a topic they are knowledgeable on. Even though they can be many things, they are not cruel. They can comfort others quite well when they want to. They care deeply for and cherish those closest to them, though they rarely express it through words. In a relationship, they tend to get jealous fairly easily, but they often pretend they aren't. They rarely talk about their own feelings. They can be a good listener if they feel like it.

Strengths: intelligent, observant, meticulous, eloquent, determined, foresight, self-confidence

Weaknesses: willful , petty, impatient, motivated based on interest, competitive, easily unattached

Love Language: Acts of Service

Likes: sudoku, chess, crosswords, puzzles, video games (particularly horror, mystery, puzzle, or adventure games), model building, makeup (especially costume makeup) instrumental music, learning languages, competition, challenges, intriguing conversations, controversial topics, flavorful foods, getting reactions out of people, playing pranks (though he tends to go too far with them), art (more so for how it can have many different interpretations, and it amuses them to start arguments with museum goers on such interpretations)

Dislikes: boredom, bland food, losing, attending a class he has no interest in, too easy or banal work, pushovers, snobs, lyrical music (if he's trying to focus), binary morality

Hobbies: sudoku, chess, makeup, traveling, learning/practicing instruments, learning languages, playing video games, model building (usually cities and built entirely out of paper maché)

Fears: permanent failure, his mind weakening, being entirely alone (though they won't admit it)

Backstory: He comes from a fairly well off family, with both of his parents' being professors at a prestigious private university. He is the youngest of three, with two older sisters, one two years older than him and the other four. He got along with his sisters as well as most siblings usually do - they could have fun while spending time together, and they knew how to push each others' buttons. His sisters love to tease him especially since he's the youngest. His parents dote on all of them but him particularly so for the same reason.

Occupation: Teacher's assistant at a public college

Extra:

- Favorite holiday - halloween (They go all out and try to scare people with their costume and decorations)

- Skilled at doing makeup

- Either a fantastic cook or a horrible one depending on their mood

- Usually not a morning person unless there's something he's looking forward to in the day

- MBTI: ISTP

- When giving criticism of any sort, he has a specific criteria that depends on the subject of the matter

- Rarely gets the same thing twice at a restaurant

Theme Songs:

- Nonstop - Hamilton

- Last Dance - Miyano Mamoru

- Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish

- ALPHA - Stereo Dive Foundation

- Everything OK!! - Cellchrome

Quotes:

- "Mmm... Not interested."

- "Oh? Well, if you know so much, why don't you explain to me how this painter is objectively better than the others with works in this museum - you know, as you said they were."

- "Aaand that's all the time I've got. See you later, or maybe never."

- "Can you turn that off? I'm working here."

Scenarios:

1.) Your OC and Dorian are TAs for the same professor.

2.) Your OC and Dorian are friends from childhood or highschool and he makes a spontaneous visit to your town.

3.) Your OC and Dorian are long-distant friends and your OC decides to visit them.

4.) It's Halloween and OC lives in the same town as Dorian's parents. Dorian, who happens to be home for the holiday, has decorated the house to appear much like a haunted house, adding a few props such as a mechanical zombie and pop out ghost to make it the scariest on the block. Maybe your OC has a little sibling or cousin who they're going to trick or treating with, or they're there on a dare from their friends, perhaps.

5.) Make it up

) Make it up