𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

chapter eight.

"DALLAS MILLER!" Georgia yells from downstairs. Dally puts on her shoes and quickly goes downstairs.

"What? What'd I do?" Dally asks as she goes into the kitchen. A knock comes from the door and Dally opens it to reveal her friends.

Milo scoops the girl up in his arms and spins her around. "Happy Birthday party!" Mia squeals.

Milo puts Dally down and kisses her head. Dally looks over at her mom. "Is this the surprise?" She asks.

"Yes ma'am." Georgia nods. Dally smiles and walks over to her mom, hugging her tightly.

"Thank you." Dally whispers.

"You're welcome, sweet pea, now go have fun." Georgia says. Dally runs over to her friends and they all leave the house.

"So, where are we going?" Dally asks.

"That, is a surprise." Chase says. Dally raises her eyebrows but Mia puts a blindfold over her eyes.

"Seriously?" She asks. "Guys, this is kinky. You're not gonna handcuff me, are you?"

"Ooh, that would be fun." Mia says. They walk somewhere and Mia takes off the blindfold to reveal Dally's back yard.

Balloons are everywhere and a table in the middle with snacks on it. "We're gonna make pancake art." Amy tells her.

"I wanna make squirtle!" Dally squeals as she jumps up and down. The group laugh and they all start making pancake art.

-

ALL OF THE kids sit in Dally's bedroom. "What movie are we watching?" Amy asks as she's cuddled up next to Chase.

"Dirty Dancing." Milo states making Dally smile.

"Really? Oh my God, I love y'all so much." Dally smiles. They all begin watching and then, they all fall asleep.

Dally wakes up in the middle of the night, her friends all sleeping softly around her. Mia laying on Spencer's chest, Amy and Chase cuddling and Milo laying next to Dally in the bed.

Dally slowly opens the drawer and takes out the bottle of pills. She takes it into the bathroom and swallows two.

She sits down on the floor and scrolls through her phone before holding it up to her ear.

"Hey, Dal, its me. I just wanna say happy birthday ya little lunatic. I love you." Sophie says.

Tears prick at Dally's eyes and the bathroom door opens to reveal Paul. She quickly hides the pills and looks up at the man.

"Hey, you ok?" He asks. Dally shakes her head and just starts crying. Paul sits down next to her and wraps his arms around her. "What happened?"

"Its, uh, Sophie." Dally says.

"Who's Sophie?" He asks.

"A girl. She died." Dally says. Paul sighs.

"Its ok." He whispers.