𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

chapter fourteen.

DALLY SITS ON the couch in Hannah's office, cracking her knuckles. Today has been a hard day.

She went to her lawyers office about the case with Mike, she failed her chemistry test and in gym she rolled her ankle.

"How do you feel today, Dally?" Hannah asks. Dally lets out a shaky breath and looks down her her lap.

"Shitty." Dally says before looking up. "I am allowed to say shitty, right?"

"You're allowed to say shitty." Hannah smiles. "Why was your day shitty?"

"I had to go to my lawyers office. Y'know because I was raped." Dally says quietly.

"Do you remember anything about that night?" Hannah asks making Dally nod.

"It was the same night I relapsed. Then, about two months later, I overdosed. Almost two weeks after my birthday, I overdosed. I mean, how depressing is that?" Dally asks. "He got house arrest and then, he came back to school today."

"How do you feel about that?" Hannah asks.

"It," Dally starts, debating if she should say what she's feeling. "It makes me wanna die."

Hannah nods and hands Dally a book. "What's this?"

"A journal. Write down your feelings whenever you feel like you want to die or you want to hurt." Hannah says.

Dally nods and flips through the pages of the journal. Pages she's never going to fill.

"I told Abby that I love her." Dally says as she looks up at Hannah.

"And how did that make you feel?" Dally just smiles. "Ok then."

-

DALLY STANDS IN front of her mirror, looking at her outfit. Tonight, Dally, Ginny and Georgia are going to the Baker's to make latkes.

She's not sure why she's going, but Abby wanted her there. The three girls walk across the street and stand in the kitchen.

"Mm. This is so amazing." Abby's mom, Nancy, smiles.

"I go all out." Ellen smiles.

"Thank you so much for hosting this year. It's been a tough one." Nancy says.

"Love you, Mama." Abby says.

"I love you too, Mama. Hey, Mama, our friend Brodie is having people over. I thought –" Max says.

"No." Ellen cuts her off.

"Did you girls apologise to Georgia for disrespecting her house?" Norah's mom, Bev, asks.

"Sorry, Georgia." The girls say.

"Don't let it happen again." Georgia says.

"This is amazing." Nancy smiles.

"These latkes are lit." Ellen says.