𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

chapter sixteen.

DALLY AND HER family walk into the living room, presents under the tree. "Woah, a battleship! I love being rich. Thanks, Paul." Austin smiles.

"Uh, I'm gonna head. Thanks for last night." Milo says making Paul and Georgia look up at him.

"Why don't you stay?" Dally asks making Milo raise his eyebrows. "Call George and get him to bring the girls over here."

"I mean, if that's ok with you." Milo says looking at the two adults sitting on the couch.

"Of course it is." Georgia smiles. Milo smiles and takes his phone out of his pocket and calls George, talking to him in Italian.

"I thought he was Asian?" Paul asks.

"His dads from Rome. His mom's from Hong Kong. The guy speaks like seventeen languages." Dally says as she opens a present Austin got her.

She reveals it to be a notebook with a picture of Dally and Abby on it. "Its for all your love songs." Austin smiles.

"Aw, Austin, thank you!" She smiles as she hugs him. The doorbell rings and Georgia stands up to get it.

Dally follows her mom into the hall to see Milo. "They're on their way." He smiles.

"Gil." Georgia says making Dally look up, fear in her eyes.

"Merry Christmas, G." He says.

-

"MERRY CHRISTMAS, DALLY." Gil says as he hands the gift to Dally. She just glares at him. "C'mon, kid."

"I'll, uh, I'll take it." Milo says as he takes the gift from Gil. The doorbell rings and Dally walks over and opens it.

"Buon Natale!" Emmy and Stella say making Dally and Milo smile.

"We got you a present." Emmy smiles as she hands the present to Dally.

"Thanks guys!" She smiles. "If you wanna go through, you'll find my mom and Paul." Dally smiles.

The two girls run trough the house and into the living room. George hugs the two teenagers standing in front of him and hands a present to each of them.

"Buon Natale." He smiles.

"Buon Natale." Milo and Dally say at the same time. George walks through the house and Dally looks at Milo.

"We're gonna walk to Jordy's and you're gonna tell me everything." Milo says, his smile gone, a worries look plastered on his face. "Understand?"

Dally nods. They go upstairs to Dally's bedroom and get dressed before leaving the house.

"Gil used to hit my mom." Dally says. "When I found out, he tried to hit me. He succeeded one day and I've been scared of him ever since."

"You don't need to be scared of him anymore, cooky." Milo says softly.

"But I still am." Dally whispers. The two arrive at Jordy's house and walk through to the basement.