𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲.

chapter nine.
(TW: mentions of drugs and overdose)

DALLY KNOWS, in any situation, she follows her mother. Her mother is her protector. Always has been.

"Hello? Earth to Dally." Milo says as he clicks his fingers in front of her face.

Now, she's going to follow her friends. Milo. He helps her. He loves her. He's going to protect her.

"I'm sorry, what was the question?" Dally asks, rubbing her forehead.

"I asked if you want to be Mario or Luigi." Milo says. Dally furrows her brows and sits up, looking at the TV in front of her.

Super Mario Bros lights up the screen. "Hey, you ok?" Milo asks. Dally shakes her head. "What's wrong?"

"My, uh, my dads leaving." Dally says. Her heart sinks to her stomach as she says that. She's said it over, and over, but it never feels normal.

Even though it should.

"Shit, I'm sorry." Milo says as he hugs her tightly. "How does Ginny feel?" He asks.

"I honestly have no clue. I mean, the last time she was honest with me was when Marcus got into the accident." Dally says.

Milo nods. "You know what this needs?" He asks. Dally shrugs her shoulders. "A game of Super Mario Bros. Now, pick."

"Mario." Dally smiles as Milo hands her the controller.

Milo is her saviour. The reason she wants to keep going. She loves him. But not in the way she thinks she loves Abby.

-

"MOM?" Dally asks as she walks into the house. Then, she sees Ginny at the top of the stairs. "Wow, mom. You're not white anymore. And you shrunk."

"You're not funny." Ginny states.

"I'm a bit funny." Dally says with a smirk on her face.

"Did you know mom was keeping Gil from Austin?" She asks. Dally shakes her head.

"But, good for her. Gil's an asshole." Dally states.

"My dad's not an asshole." Austin says from behind Ginny.

"You never met him, Austin. You don't know the Gil I know." Dally states. She walks up the stairs and pushes past both her siblings.

She goes up to her bedroom and sits down on her bed. "Are you just gonna ignore this?" Ginny asks.

"Yes, Ginny. I am." Dally states. "Now get the fuck out of my room."

-

DALLY SITS ON a couch with her sister, brother, mom and Paul. "Ok, the election is tomorrow. Your opponent, Cynthia Fuller, is running her campaign attacking your lack of family values, and now you're engaged. How would you respond to critics about the timing of your proposal?" The journalist asks.

"I am marrying Georgia because I fell in love with her and her kids. Its as simple as that." Paul says.

"How did you propose?"