Reunions and Separation - Part 2

[Reunions and Separation – Part 2]

"Do you want good news or bad news?" Keyron asked his master as he looked up from the text that he had just received.

The two of them had found out, shortly after Keyron tucked his wife to bed, that the family's appointed driver had truly taken the twins down to town on an errand, and the driver had found after driving back to the mansion that the trunk had been left unlocked and slightly ajar. It was good enough evidence that a nine year old girl had somehow sneaked herself into the trunk for whatever reason, and since Kaylen could not be found in any corner of the mansion, the two of them had jumped into the car and ordered immediately to be sent to town.

"Just tell me the news!" Anxiety of a doting father who had found his daughter missing made Brandon Greaves speak louder than he intended, but Keyron understood the worry. He had, after all, been there and watched as Kaylen grow up to be the cute, lively and loveable young mistress that she was. Alone in town, the nine year old was practically in another world altogether and in danger of being preyed on (either because of her cuteness that would inspire dirty thoughts, or because of her identity as Kaylen Greaves-Crawford that would inspire equally dirty schemes).

"The good news is that I know where Miss Kaylen is. She is with Kylar and Kyvan, and apparently Kyren as well." Keyron pocketed his phone as he tapped the driver's shoulder and signaling for the man to come to a stop. They had been driving through the streets of town trying to get a glimpse of a well-dressed young girl searching for a way back home, but had not been able to find anything thus far. "The bad news is that you have to go back to the mansion first for me to collect them."

"What do you mean? Their kidnapper is threatening you to go alone?"

"I wouldn't call the man a kidnapper." Keyon answered cryptically as he put his hand over the handle of the car door, pausing in the conversation to pass instructions to the driver to send the master back home. "It's a man who would rather die than hurt the children, but you cannot meet him."

"Is it the same person who you said you asked to take care of Kyren?" Brandon questioned suspiciously, and Keyron found no issues answering the question with an honest yes before throwing the door open and stepping out.

"Go home and I'll bring Kaylen and Kyren back safely. Don't worry about them; I'll make sure they get home safely." Keyron answered cryptically, and before his master could offer more, the loyal butler closed the door behind him, turning and starting his run down the street to show his haste.

Just to be very sure once more, Keyron pulled his phone out and pulled up the latest message from an unknown number, reconfirming the address that was written there. And below that address was a simple sentence of instruction: Come collect Kyren, Miss Kaylen and your sons. Rano.

While there had never been an agreed-upon nickname, codename or signal, there was only one person in the world which he would instantly connect to the name 'Rano'. And the person with name Rano attached was an individual that required absolute secrecy in meeting, which explained why he had sent his master home first. Brandon could not know about Rano, because it was a tall order for Brandon to keep Rano a secret from his wife. Keyron did not want to burden his master with the secret of Rano's existence –Rano could easily destroy the entire Greaves-Crawford household without even meaning to do so.

Complex thoughts of Rano's identity and relationship with him and the family that he served clouded Keyron's mind as his body worked on automatic, guiding him through the streets in his run towards his destination. He must have been thinking too hard, for he suddenly stopped to find his path ahead blocked by a group of muscled guys with weapons cradled lightly in their hands. The look on their faces were not friendly, and when Keyron spun around to check behind him, he found it blocked too.