Introductions

[Introductions]

The Greaves-Crawford Household was the country's most powerful family, with power and authority akin to royalty. Though there were not many members of the Household that were part of politics, it was undeniable that the influence they held over politicians both locally and overseas was immense.

The Household was small. Helming it as the Master was Brandon Greaves, a charming, charismatic businessman who, by common consensus in the public, also doubled up as the world's most admirable husband in the world. Women both in and out of the country set Brandon Greaves as an ideal standard for a husband in men. With many public stories and interviews with the man himself, Brandon –and his acquaintances –had built himself out to be a very dedicated, loving and caring husband. Then, when his son was born, the public had loved Brandon as a clumsy but desperately loving father.

The saying goes, "behind every successful man is a strong woman", and the mistress of the Greaves-Crawford Household both applied and defied it. Louise Greaves-Crawford was a very particular type of person that all women who strove to be independent looked up to. It was a pure understatement to say that Louise is a strong woman; it could not completely capture the strength in which she had. Traditional family structure dictated that the Master of the Household be the one with the expertise to bring in the income, but this did not apply in Greaves-Crawford. No, Louise made a much more stable and reliable businesswoman than her husband –so much so that it had been agreed globally that she was the world's best businesswoman.

Yet, beyond the guise of a businesswomen, paparazzi had caught Louise Greaves-Crawford's softer side whenever she dealt with family. There were only few people in the world that Louise would naturally be softer and gentler to, and they all belonged in her household. Pictures had gone public showing the celebrity family outside on vacation, Louise with a beautiful brilliant smile on her face that had never been shown in business settings. The public had been treated to a sight of the Mistress of the Greaves-Crawford Household looking like a loving mother in pictures of her guiding her then 1-year-old son to walk on the pristine white sand of the beach they had gone to, wiping her son's face with her handkerchief.

There were also photos of the most idealistic type of romantic love, where Louise and Brandon had been caught on camera, holding hands with interlocked fingers, looking at each other with smiles reserved only for each other.

In those pictures, there was also an individual that was never far away from the family. The Head Butler of the Greaves-Crawford Household, Keyron Reyes, was famous in his own way. Hailing from a bloodline that produced extremely stellar butlers exclusively for the Crawford Household, Keyron's background was a little bit more complicated. For reasons that had not been revealed to the public, Keyron had not originally been a butler of the Crawford Household (before the two families combined). In fact, Keyron had been Brandon's personal butler in the Greaves Household prior to the marriage of the families. The individual who had served Louise Crawford before her marriage was an ongoing topic of debate in the public sphere with all sorts of radical and dramatic theories and backstories made. There were stories about the man being an assassin that Louise had picked up when she was much younger, then had betrayed her trust. There were stories about the man being distantly related to her father, and that they had fallen into a forbidden love and so he had been removed by her family before she met Brandon. The strongest theory still held: that the man had been from the Reyes family as well, and that he was the twin brother of the current head butler.

The unnamed twin brother of Keyron Reyes was supposed to have been the one responsible for the terrible disaster in the Crawford Mansion that had happened when Louise was 19 years old. In that disaster, a man had apparently brought with him mercenaries for hire, and had stormed the Crawford Mansion while Louise had been staying in school. He had killed many people within the household, including the Oscar Crawford –the then-Master of the Crawford Household –and Maiko, the then-Head Butler. That disaster had dragged the Crawford reputation through mud, and Louise Crawford had disappeared from public in her shock. It turned out that her then-fiancé, Brandon, had adopted her into his family and had nursed and cared for her until she recovered. And when Louise Crawford finally returned to the business world, everything in relation to that disaster had been treated as a history long past.

Finally, the Greaves-Crawford family was completed with the addition of Kyren Greaves-Crawford, the young heir of the household. Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Kyren Greaves-Crawford was served by two personal butlers, both belonging to the Reyes family. There was only one family in the world that could afford not one, but two Reyes butlers serving one young boy, and the best butlers was the least that Louise and Brandon expected for their beloved son. Kylar and Kyvan Reyes were no slack either; they had been taught from as soon as they could understand words that their purpose in life was to support and help young Kyren in his life. Kyren was to be their friend and master, and Kylar and Kyvan took the teachings of their father, the Head Butler, very seriously.

This story is one of growth, past secrets and family.

This is the story of Kyren Greaves-Crawford.