Reunions and Separation - Part 3

[Reunions and Separation – Part 3]

"After I am done cooking this meal for you, Keyron, I will leave this apartment. Please make sure the children keep the secret of my existence from Miss Louise." Kyrano's announcement was a quick splash of cold water on his rising spirit, sobering him up immediately back to the reality that they as siblings shared: Kyrano could not remain alive, undisguised and within vicinity of anyone within the Greaves-Crawford Household for long without reaping any repercussions. "Miss Kaylen has mistaken me for you, and Kyren has yet to see me without disguise. I believe that your sons will be able to a keep a secret if you give them motivation strong enough, and... well, I will leave it in your hands to ensure that Mr. Brandon keeps the secret however hard it may be."

"You don't want to let Kyren know that you have been the one taking care of him all this while? You have been saving him time and again from all sorts of danger ever since he was born, and this time you even created an entire company to help him learn a lesson. Do you really not want him to know?"

Keyron knew that he could not hope to stop his brother from trying to leave –it had long become an understanding between them –but could the young master not be enlightened about the real identity of the man who had been his guardian ever since birth? Kyrano had literally been there for Kyren ever since the boy was born –Kyrano had been the one who had rushed Miss Louise to the hospital when she had been alone in a corridor and in the middle of childbirth. Of course, Miss Louise had been too in pain to recognize that it was Kyrano and not Keyron who had come to her rescue, and so –yet again –Keyron had taken the recognition and glory of Kyrano's effort.

"I think it is enough that he knows that there was once a humble man who served his mother to the best of his abilities before he had to leave the Household for her sake." Kyrano answered, lighting the fire on the gas stove and setting the pot to boil. "Kyren does not need to be burdened with the identity of his mother's butler or his savior. As long as he believes that you are enough for his parents, it is good enough for me."

"But it isn't enough for me." The interruption between the talk of siblings made Keyron spin around quickly, partially surprised to see the supposedly sleeping young master standing in the doorway to the bedroom, his hand curled on the doorknob. It had been more than a month since Keyron last saw his young master in the flesh but Kyren was exactly as how he remembered the boy to be. His brother had clearly done everything required to make sure that not even a single hair on the young master of the Greaves-Crawford Household had been harmed –at least not permanently.

A deep frown drew across his face as Kyren took in Keyron's state of undress and the wound still sporting bright on the back of his shoulder, though the Keyron was very sure that he was not the source of such open displeasure. "I can't believe I have been staying with you for months and I never guessed. The two of you sound so alike!"

"What are you doing, Mr. Brandon?" Kyrano's question held very light threat within –because he could not seriously threaten a man who was the husband of his mistress –standing frozen in front of the stove and clear of all disguises.

"Getting a little bit of revenge against you the only way I know how." Brandon's answer was rebellious with an evil grin as the man stepped out from the bedroom, ushering his son out as well and closing the door behind them. It was safe for Keyron to assume that his sons had remained in the bedroom to ensure that the young mistress was still safely asleep. "And you've made me realize that I should start to trust my son with the truth of things now that he must have learn many lessons from you. I leave him with this truth, Kyrano."

"You play a dangerous game, Mr. Brandon. Have you not forgotten the foolishness and childishness that you were capable of back in the Rose Academy? While I admit that Kyren has matured much faster than boys his age, he undoubtedly also has inherited a little from you." Kyrano's answer was calm and even, but even after years of separation, Keyron could still hear the warning in his brother's tone of voice.