One In Six

We stood near our respective forest group flags, and group number three was as warm and welcoming as ever. When I got there Sophie and Agatha were whisper-arguing, and neither Tedros nor any of the Nevers acknowledged my existence. Still, I noticed something different about Tedros. He looked like he'd lost weight. More specifically, the weight of an obnoxious 120-pound blonde that normally hung from his arm.

"She's over there."

I jumped, startled by a voice behind me. I turned to find it was the boy I'd bumped into the other day, Chaddick.

"Stars," I said, "you scared me."

"Good. Taking into account how we met, I'd say that makes us even." He shot back smirking.

I rolled my eyes at him, then scanned the field from the missing princess. She stood next to the group five flag, trying to subtly step away from the Never next to her.

"What is she doing over there? She's in our group."

"She was never in our group." Chaddick answered. "It's supposed to be two boys and two girls per school so that'd be, me, you, Tedros, and the witch-"

"Agatha."

Now it was his turn to roll his eyes. "and Agatha."

"Then why was she here last time."

He shrugged, looking smug. "To be near me."

That made me laugh. Beatrix had bet all her chips on Tedros from day one. He was the only one she ever truly gave attention to. "Yeah, Chaddick, it was most definitely because of you."

"Listen up, all of you!" Yelled Yuba, effectively silencing any and all small talk going on. "Today we will once more put into practice the rules you were taught. Brina! What are the rules of Good and Evil?"

Brina, a Never girl from Reena's group, didn't hesitate. She smirked. "Evil attacks, punishes, hurts, takes, and hates."

"Ummhmm." Yuba hummed, rubbing his beard. "And Good?"

She scoffed with a shrug. "Why should I care about what they do?"

"Wrong! To confront an enemy, one must study them first." Yuba chastised causing Brina's face to go beet red. He then addressed the whole group. "This is what you'll be learning today, to study your enemy using your five rules."

Now, this was interesting. I'd been reading up on how to recognize Good from Evil after our last disaster of a class. With a swing of his staph, Yuba conjured five glass coffins.

"Similarly to last class' challenge, I will turn each of you into something else and the other students will have to tell apart Evil from Good and vice versa. However, this time, it'll be a bit more complicated." Yuba scratched his chin and looked around at the group. "Mmm, let's see. Agatha, Verena, and Beatrix, please step forward. Brina , Sophie, and Anadil, you too.

All of us looked at each other and took a hesitant step forward. A simple gesture from Yuba and I felt myself shrink. I looked down and saw my hair was now brown and I was wearing a blue dress instead of my pink uniform. The other five looked exactly the same.

Sophie shrieked "I'm disgusting!"

"Shhh!" Said Yuba, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. "As I was saying, this exercise is harder. Before, you had to tell Good from Evil based on the students' behavior. Now, you will be expected to do it with a simple glance. Travis, Tedros, Hort, Chaddick, Troy, and Phil, you will be going first."

The boys stepped forward too.

"The girls will be going inside the coffins and it will be up to you to tell the princess from the witch. Girls," he turned to us and gestured towards the coffins "go ahead."