Chapter 3

I know that Zenitsu is a bit OC in this but it's a fanfic, and him and Tanjiro will become slow friends, but for now...

NOW:

Tanjiro didn't expect the desks to be labelled with everyone's names, he found his seat near a large window, in front of him was Inosuke who already started to doze off.

Tanjiro took a sneak peak at the empty tables next to him and he gasped in shock. The tables next to him were labelled Agatsuma Zenitsu, Tsuyuri Kanao and Shinaguzawa Genya.

Tanjiro gulped and tried to sink in lower in hi seat. Then the three kids came in smiling and took their spots, practically leaving no option for Tanjiro to leave without having a chat with them.

Ms Mitsuri, the homeroom teacher, smiled at everyone before marking the roll for the class, and giving everyone an ice-breaker worksheet before going to deliver a letter to Mr Iguro.

Ms Shinobu, a stand in teacher came in to look around the class, and told everyone to swap the worksheets with other students near you so that they would get to know you. She also said this with a dark look before leaving.

Genya had to swap with Inosuke, who was doodling on his paper, and Kanao swapped with the girl next to her, so that only meant that Zenitsu had to switch with him.

Zenitsu placed the paper next to him, and took Tanjiro's.

Tanjiro looked at the boy's oddly neat handwriting.

Name: Zenitsu Agatsuma

Favourite colours: Yellow

Hobbies: Playing music and doing arts

Facts about you: I won the school award for best music, my gramps is a martial arts master and my brother is the chief of police.

Relationship Status: Single as a pringle

Favourite food: Kabayaki

Age: 16 years old

Favourite Subject: Arts and Music

Go to outfits: A hoodie and jeans??

Favourite Animal: Sparrow?

Birthdate: September 3rd

Birthplace: Ushigome, Shinjuku

After Tanjiro finished reading he saw Zenitsu who was looking through his one with wide eyes, but otherwise remained emotionless, and gave the paper back to Tanjiro.

For some reason Tanjiro had the ridiculous urge to talk to Zenitsu during break time, and try to become his friend, call it his nature.

The bell rang for the break and the students packed up their stationery and bustled out the door, smiling and laughing.

He saw Nezuko with Aoi and she was smiling and having fun with some triplet girls, Tanjiro decided he didn't want to ruin her happy mood again, so he set off to find the three students.

Yuichiro and Muichiro came in front of him," Are you trying to repair your friendship with those three, I wish you luck Kamado!!" Yuichiro said ominously before disappearing again, Tanjiro was creeped out on how they know exactly what he's doing.

Looking around he saw the three teenagers at a table eating food. Hiding behind a bush just far enough so he could barely hear them he started hiding there.

"Zenitsu you sleepy head, we were on call yesterday and you fell asleep in the middle of it! Did you know that you sleep-talk, me and Genya were laughing so hard the entire time and you didn't wake up!" Kanao said laughing at Zenitsu's face.

"Why you- You always tease me! I'm older than you Kanao!!" Zenitsu groaned.

"Excuse me, but it is a fellow best friend's duty to make fun of you!" Kanao retorted.

"Well, you've lost best friend privileges, until you apologise!" Zenitsu turned his head away from her. In front of the two Genya was laughing at the drama in front of him.

"What? You can't do that to me Zenitsu!! I'm your best friend please! I'll do the baby eyes!" Kanao made adorable eyes.

Zenitsu was struggling to hold his frown," No no no you must resist Zenitsu, resist!!" he yelled.

"You can't resist it man just give in," Genya helpfully added.

"OH- okay fine! You have best friend privileges again I guess," he sighed defeated.

Kanao cheered and Zenitsu sat up again.

"Come out Kamado! I knew you were there the entire time," Zenitsu said. Kanao stopped cheering.

Tanjiro came out looking somewhat guilty.

He was prepared for this.

He was ready for this.

Never mind, he was not prepared for this at all.