Chapter 7

Daisy

Daisy

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I try to open my eyes and reach for my phone. I slam my hand hard against it.

"Ow!" I hear a voice. Maybe that wasn't my phone. I squint open my eyes to see Adelaide rubbing her face. 

"Shit, sorry. Thought you were my phone." I apologize while groaning. 

"Clearly," She mutters and I look around for my phone. I see it on top of Flo's stomach so I grab it and finally switch it off. 

Rubbing my eyes, I sit up straight. I look around the room to see the TV still on and our dresses from yesterday on the floor.  Adelaide is trying to go back to sleep but failing and Flo is peacefully asleep. 

"Pssh. Adelaide, wake up." I whisper, trying not to wake up Florence. 

She opens her eyes and looks at me in annoyance. "What?"

"Let's eat breakfast," I say and she shakes her head. 

"I wanna sleep." 

"You're already awake," I say. "You won't be able to sleep anymore so get your ass up." 

She whines but reluctantly gets up, leaving the room and heading to her room to freshen up. I also get up and head to Florence's bathroom to freshen up. Flo keeps an extra toothbrush just for me. I wash my face with Flo's products. 

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I look so dead.  Drying off my face, I brush my teeth and then head to Flo's vanity table to put on concealer so I don't scare anyone at breakfast. 

I leave the room quietly, making sure not to wake up Florence. I see Adelaide exit her room and we both make our way downstairs for breakfast. 

"I'm so tired and still pissed at Max," Adelaide complains and I laugh. 

"You're still thinking about that?" I ask with an eyebrow raised and she nods.

"It kept me up all night," Adelaide says, greeting a maid on the way. "I even dreamt about it. Ugh, I wish I danced with Connor." 

As we enter the dining room, both of us halt. Princess Irina is sitting beside Louis looking so excited while Dahlia and Spencer are watching them. What is the princess of Russia still doing here? Louis looks miserable. Poor him. 

Slowly, we walk towards the table and everyone looks up. Dahlia's face breaks out into a smile. 

"Good morning, you two," She says, ushering us to sit down. "How was your sleep?" 

"It was alright," I say, putting a piece of toast on my plate. 

"Horrible," Adelaide says. 

"Well, this is Princess Irina," She says, gesturing to Irina who's smiling at us. "Irina, this is Daisy Emmet, daughter of the prime minister of Vafra and of course, you know Adelaide." 

I smile at Irina and she smiles back while Adelaide glares at the princess. I elbow her. 'What?' She mouths, acting all innocent. 

King Spencer clears his throat and we all look at him. "Irina will be staying here so she and Louis can get to know each other." 

I finally look up at Louis, who is already looking at me. I raise my eyebrow and he just shakes his head at me.

Finally, everyone starts eating and I take a bite of my toast. 

"I fucking hate Irina. She's such a spoiled brat and a bitch," Adelaide whispers to me and I choke on my toast. Everyone looks at me in concern and I take a sip of water. 

"Sorry," I say sheepishly. "It went down the wrong pipe." I send a glare at Adelaide and she shrugs. 

"What did Adelaide say?" Louis asks breaking me free of my thoughts. 

"O-oh. Nothing." I reply, looking at him. No way in hell would I tell everyone here that she just insulted his soon-to-be wife. 

"C'mon. We're friends now, aren't we?" 

Now Dahlia looks at us, curiously. "You guys are friends now?"

I shrug. "I guess we are." 

"Finally," she says looking at the both of us with a smile. "God, your nonstop bickering. I'm glad it's gone." 

"Bickering?" Irina asks, joining the conversation.

"Yeah, bickering," Dahlia says. "These two from childhood fought so much and now apparently they're friends. Which is, of course, good."

Irina looks at me with a weird smile and I smile back.

Suddenly, Louis stands up from his chair. Looking at us, he says, "I'm done with breakfast. I just need to make a call."

The king and queen nod while Irina smiles at him slightly. Louis leaves the room while we continue to eat.

___

"I don't like her, at all," Adelaide says as we walk back to Florence's room.

"Why?" I question, moving to the side so a maid can walk through. 

"She isn't who you think she is," Adelaide replies, acting like she's some wizard who knows many secrets but can't reveal them.

I snort. "Be freaking for real. She's not a goddamn axe murderer."

"No, she's something worse."

Shaking my head at her, we enter the room to see Florence sitting on her bed, looking as sleepy as ever.

"You finally awake?" I ask her, picking up my gown from the floor. 

"What?" She muttered. 

Adelaide rolls her eyes. "She asked if you were awake yet."

"O-oh, yes. Yes, I am."

"She does not sound awake," I whisper to Adelaide and she nods.

"Anyways," I start. "Awake or not. I have to get back home. I have a lot of work to get done, mate, so I'm leaving."

"Huh? Yeah, okay." Flo replies and I snicker. She definitely did not hear what I said. 

Packing my things, I say goodbye to Flo and Adelaide and leave the palace. 

_________________________________________________________________

(A/N: this was a short chapter :( idk why but it is. exams r over but my finals r coming up and im genuinely scared.)