Chapter 8

Louis

"She's in my house," I say as soon as the call connects

"What? You better have a good reason to wake me up at this time." 

"Who?"

Groaning, I say, "Who do you think? Irina, of course. And Everett, it's 10 in the morning." 

"Damn, why though? You guys are betrothed. Not married, yet so why?" Xanthos asks through the phone.

"Dad wants us to get to know each other so the marriage will go smoothly," I reply, running a hand through my hair.

"It won't be bad, Louis. It's not like she's going to murder you in your sleep," Xanthos says and pauses. "She won't, right?"

"Rune, shut up, will you?" Everett grumbles. "Listen, Louis. Just get to know her. She seems like a nice girl. Who knows, maybe your marriage will actually work out." 

"I don't want the marriage at all, man. I wasn't the one who chose her."

"Well, from what I have seen, she does not look like a murderer so you are safe," Xanthos says.

"Can we meet at the Lagoon later today?" I ask and I hear both them of mutter a yes so I hang up. 

Throwing my phone on the bed, I run a hand through my hair. God, I wish this was a dream. A knock interrupts me and I tell them to come back later.

"Uhm- It's me. Irina." 

Grunting, I make my way to the door and open it. Irina stands in front of me with a shy smile. 

"What?" I snap and she flinches. "Shit, sorry. I'm not in a good mood. Didn't mean to snap at you."

"It's fine. I can come back later when you are feeling better," Irina says and I stop her. 

"No, don't worry. Just tell me."

"Uh," She starts. "Your dad wants us to hang out today so we can get to know each other. "

"Oh."

"We can hang out late-" 

I cut her off. "No. Let me just get ready and we can go out somewhere."

Shooting me a big smile, she nods and leaves. Closing the door, I pinch the bridge of my nose. 

God, why did I agree?

---------

I enter the living room to see Irina on her phone. She changed into a navy blue dress that drops just above her knees. She's wearing a leather jacket and black boots with it.

"Let's go?" I ask from where I am standing and Irina looks up at me, smiling. 

"Yup." She scans my outfit with her eyes and I almost tell her to hurry up.