THE HOSPITAL

Soo Jae drove to the police station from where I took my car and went to the hospital the old man told us about. I went straight to the receptionist and asked her about a woman named Noh Sae Min?

"Noh Sae Min! Yes! Her office is right there."She directed me towards her office. Thankfully, Miss Sae Min didn't leave thehospital after and she was not absent now either. I when I was about to knock on the office door, a patient came out and smiled. I went in.

"Hello!" I said smiling. Miss Sae Min looked like she was in her early 50s. She seemed kind and soft. I was thinking of talking to her like a mean officer that way she'll tell me everything easily, but she was so polite that I changed my opinion immediately.

"Welcome!" she greeted me with a smile. "What seems to be your problem?" she asked.

"I'm working on a case with my friend..." I stated.

"Yes...?"

"And I think you might know some important things too." I twisted my words cleverly.

"What?" she scoffed.

"You see, I'm a lawyer and I'm working on the murder cases that have been taking place recently."

"So, what can I help you with?" she giggled.

"You are the prime suspect of these cases you know?" I said narrowing my eyes.

"What do you mean?" she seemed confused.

"I'll get straight to the point." I sighed. "Lee Yoon Ah! Rings a bell?"

She was blank, probably as she knew I'm a lawyer and she can't get me kicked out.
"Oh that poor girl! The one who died in a hit-and-run right? She was murdered so brutally!" she kept the act and sighed.

"You killed her and now you are feeling sad!" I mocked her.
"I did not kill her!" she justified herself.

"Yes you did!" I got loud. "If you didn't take the money from the bank manager and saved her like a real doctor she'd be alive today! You don't deserve to be a doctor! You are a fake!"

"I didn't kill her!"

"You did! Only if you__"

"I saved her!" she got teary. "I was the one who saved that poor girl! While you, the law, stood back and did nothing!" she sobbed.

I actually acted like this to make her blurt the truth. Now it was sure Yoon Ah was alive.

"What do you mean you saved her?" I asked for the details. 

She told me that when Yoon Ah woke up after the surgery, she tried to escape and kill herself again. Miss Sae Min calmed her down and asked everything. Yoon Ah was so tired from living her life like this that she wanted to die. All the hurdles in her life made her give up on it. When she got in the accident she was relieved as she was going to stop living but when Sae Min saved her life, Yoon Ah begged her to let her die again. Sae Min has a daughter herself who went through a similar trauma once where she wanted to die too, so she couldn't stop but help Yoon Ah out of this situation. When Yoon Ah was convinced on living again, she said that she'll live as a dead person for the rest of her life, unknown to the world, hidden from her previous life. Sae Min agreed whose husband had connections who got Yoon Ah's fake death certificate and made the world think she is dead like she asked. Then Sae Min escaped her out of the hospital and let her stay at her place where Yoon Ah recovered. A few weeks, after her recovery, she left and was never seen again.

"You think Lee Yoon Ah committed those murders?" Asked Miss Sae Min.

"It seems like it." I stated.

"There's no way." She continued sympathetically. "What that poor child needed was a way out of her misery and a normal life. She was not clever or mature enough to kill two people, without a trace like you mentioned. She was as innocent as an angel."

"Sometimes the devil inside you defeats your angelic self and makes you the deadliest version of yours without you even knowing it." I said deeply in thought. "Revenge. It's the only dangerous thing that seems right when you are your devil self. You don't know what's right or wrong, you're just blinded by revenge and you don't know what you are doing."

"This is all the information I can give you on her." Sae Min sighed. "I don't know where she is or if she did anything bad or not. Sorry, I can't help you any further."

I knew Sae Min was telling the truth but I still confirmed it again and it was right. She had no connections with her after Yoon Ah left.

After the interrogation I went back home as it was almost midnight.