THE PHONE CALL

I was waiting impatiently for Soo Jae. It felt like something was off for some reason. It all started when Jeong Chan and Soo Jae met each other at the station.

At first they met each other normally and discussed the cases but after sometime it turned into a debate, more like an agreement. Jeong Chan was in favor of Yoon Ah and had the exact same thoughts as mine. Soo Jae was against her as always.

"Just like you! You killed an innocent girl, you should pay the price. Is that against the law too!?" During the argument Jeong Chan said to Soo Jae. Of course she said it exemplary that 'if' you killed an innocent girl then you should pay the price. But silence shook the atmosphere. She explained herself but since after that Soo Jae was quite depressed. I was worried.

I saw a police car down from the window and then the doorbell rang. I ran to it and to my horror, Soo Jae was covered in blood and was being carried towards his room. I found that Tae Suk was dead and it must be Yoon Ah's doing. The way she killed Tae Suk right in front of Soo Jae without any fear. She was so confident in herself that even if the police gets him, I'll still get what needs to be done with no trouble. I was impressed at her determination as always. She seemed dominating and firm. I was thinking what if Soo Jae actually did something wrong, that's why Yoon Ah attacked him today?

I dressed Soo Jae's wounds. The cut quite deep, but thanks to the forceful nursing classes my mother got me after school, I handled it.

Early in the morning Soo Jae woke up and I was literally sleeping on the floor besides his bed. He groaned with pain and I woke up.

"Soo Jae! You good?" I asked instantly, helping him sit comfortably.

"Is that even a question?" he scoffed.

I was quiet and he sensed something was wrong. "What is it?" he asked curiously.

In a heavy, dry voice, I asked, "You're not on Yoon Ah's 'kill list', are you? You didn't get stabbed because you also did something wrong to her, did you?"

"You know it all don't you?" he sounded desperate and distressed.

Tears started rolling down my cheek. "What did you do?" I asked with a heavy heart.

"She came to me for help. The law, the police who didn't help her and said that she should've come to them anyway, was I. I remembered, outside the station, she was crying and begging me to listen but I didn't care because she was alone and young. I think my time was not worth wasting on her." he started crying and blaming him. "That's not it." He stopped and looked at me with sorrow. "You remember the night I came home mad and depressed as I messed up my case. On my way back, I hid a seventeen years old girl with my car due rash driving. I was filled with rage already, so I took my anger out on the poor kid. I slapped her and the last time I hit so hard that she fell on the car and died instantly."

"A few days later a girl's body was found in the river, was it you?" I asked him with teary eyes. He nodded.

"What did you do!!??" I cried louder. "Soo Jae! You killed someone, an innocent kid. Without any mercy you bullied her, killed her and even threw her body in the river. You didn't let her parents see her for the last time, not even a proper burial was given to her! Don't you realize what her parents would've gone through, what misery you put them through? Ah Soo Jae! Ah!"

He also cried and confessed. "I'm sorry! I'm very sorry!"

"Don't be sorry towards me." I said sadly. "Find her family__Ah! I don't even know what to say!"

"Isn't it better that Yoon Ah just kills me!?" Soo Jae cried.

"Don't say it! You won't die by her hands." I said hopelessly. I couldn't imagine Soo Jae dying. He was my only friend since school life. He was like my older brother who has always been there for me in any situation.

Suddenly Soo Jae's phone rang, he put it on speaker.

"I know you desperately want to die right now, but sorry, that ain't happening today." A lady spoke in a mocking tone; Lee Yoon Ah. "You are either going to die by my knife or by your own." she stopped. "Well, not going to waste my credit, will get straight to the point, your death will be waiting for you at the Central Park, this Monday at 4pm....And! You will not kill yourself or turn yourself in because Karma is I!" She said with an aura. "Isn't this what you always say Mr. Woo Yeon?" she mocked and ended the call. Monday was in two days.

"I'll go!" Soo Jae said.

"What?" I was confused. Yoon Ah was right in her own way, Soo Jae was my brother. It was quite a dilemma.

I thought for a second. "Confess! Confess the murder in court, but before that, sue her." I suggested.

"Sue her? That's not even you speaking, you're supposed to say, 'let her sue you!' right?" he mocked.

"I'm being irrational now, I know, but it's you whose life is at stake, so we are going to have to sue her first before I screw you myself."

"And how will you screw her?" he asked narrowing his eyes.

"Ask the police to surround the Central Park and its adjacent areas. Ask them to keep an eye on everyone that enters or leaves the park. Give your mates Yoon Ah's pictures so that they look for her specifically. We'll try to get her before she gets you." I described.

"She's not an easy target Woo Yeon, she wouldn't have told us the place 2 days before if she wasn't planning something big. I'll die there no matter how cautious you be." Soo Jae said. "We both know how clever and tactful she is, she is karma, isn't she?"

"This is better than regretting doing nothing in the future." I said. "We should paste her photos outside in 'the wanted' shall we?" I suggested sarcastically.

"Like people would be able to catch her, or even have the guts to do so or she'll roam around when she never did before for people to catch her." he stated.