05 | True Self

" everyone... Are you smiling today?? "

Everyone laughed uncontrollably and the man who's leading them, Ekubo continue his speech

" Now then, let's take the mask "

Ekubo take his mask along with his followers.

Sparkle~

the face of a 30-40 year old man who looked like an ancient monk wore an extremely happy smile. Everyone laughed more than before like their souls is going to take out.

" What a crazy people "

Said Mezato freaking out as well as the kid beside her.

Ekubo clapping his hand before he said

" Stoop "

Not even a word echoed from the crowd. The room went completely silent.

" Today we have new three members. Give them applause! "

they started clapping happily like programmed robots.

" Wait! Don't you just-"

Mezato turned to Ekubo as she shouted before her word are cut off by him

" You need to open your heart to feel happiness. However you three have a lock on your heart as you all are not smiling at all. Come laugh, even if it's hard to, just laugh. Then the lock will open! Once the heart is been freed, then you can feel happiness. This is the teaching of (LOL) "

Ekubo explain to the three of them. The kid in the middle then raised his hand and asked

" The main topic is smile and happiness, and doesn't have anything to do with being popular right? Can I leave now? "

Reacting to the question, Ekubo asked to the crowd

" He is? "

One of the people raised a hand and answer

" I found him sitting on a park bench. Apparently he has worries about love "

Ekubo clapped his hands twice then some people came to pull them down the stage closer to the crowd. he explained

" Well well, everything will be easier when you are smiling, even in love related. Just try to smile! "

without permission, the people behind put masks on them except mezato.While waiting for the brainwashing to take effect, Ekubo asked Mezato

" How about you girl? You seems like you wanted to said something"

Mezato then replied as she takes photo of Ekubo on the stage

"one of the best journalists from the sugar magazine agency, Mezato Ichi. I heard a strange rumors about an occult that's attract a lot of people in just a month.  So I infiltrated to find out the truth and I will expose it to the world "

" Hoo so that's your goal? Well don't be so hurry and listen to us. Now look at the kid beside you!"

after the mask was removed, the junior high school boy put on a happy face with a big smile. everyone then laughed and he became one of them.

Ekubo continue

" So what do you think? It's not like we doing bad things. What are you going to expose to the world?"

It took time before Mezato realize there's something wrong with these people. Something she wouldn't understand and something she can't deal with. She subconsciously step back and answer with trembling voice

" Y-yes I see it. Looks like I just misunderstanding. I wouldn't write anything about you guys so pardon me... "

" wait a second, you think we're just going to let an intruder like you get away with it? what if you try it? "