Ch. 23

He inched his self closer to my lips and I pushed him off. His face was full of confusion and my head hurt.

"You can't keep doing this." The words were so hard to say but I said it.

"Doing what? Loving you?" I wince at the word loving.

"No. You can't keep hurting me and thinking I'll run back to you. You can't just think I'm going to take you back and all will be okay."

His face shifts from confusion to embarrassment. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I'm- I'm sorry." He quickly grabs his phone and keys and goes to the door. He gives me an assuring smile and says, "I'll text you when I get home."

And he did. 20 minutes later he texted me.

It's 7:30 and I wait patiently for my parents to bring home Chinese takeout. My head is pounding and I just want to eat so I can take my sleeping meds and fall asleep. I grab my blanket and lazily go downstairs to the kitchen. I open the fridge and rub my eyes from the bright light. A knock startles me and my bare feet tap the cold floor as I walk to the door to see who it is. I open the door and Danny stands in front of me.

"H-Hey." He stutters as he glances up and down at me.

"Hi!" I say cheerfully and moving aside so he can come in. "What brings you here?" I close the door and as I turn around his lips quickly come to mine and he hold my chin so lightly.

"I just really wanted to do that."

My body feels weird and I give him a slight smile. "Um..."

"I know. You can't be with me. I just wanted to do that before it's too late." He smiled so happy. He's such a nice great person. It's amazing to know whats underneath that whole mysterious look.

My parents soon come and are shocked to see Danny.

"Hi Danny.." My mother says, confused.

"Danny boy! Want to join us for some... Chinese food?" My dad laughs playfully slapping Danny's back. We ended up eating all the food, which never really happens, and I told my gold jokes that nobody really thinks are funny. They are. I just don't know what's wrong with those people.

Danny and I are upstairs in my room. He's never really been in my room. He's walked in here to grab my jacket once but not stay in here for more than a minute. He walks around the room admiring my stuff and my taste in style.
His eyes meet a leather black book underneath all my other books piled on top of there. He slightly takes it out, trying to not cause everything to fall apart. At first, I was confused to as what that book was but it soon came to me but before I could grab it back, Danny opens it. My motions of standing up to quickly but not doing anything confuses Danny.

"Is this yours?" He asks, looking through the pages filled with the best art I've ever laid my eyes on.

"It's my brothers..." He looks up at me giving me a look of assurance if he can look through it still. I slightly smile and nod. He places himself on the edge of my bed and looks through the sketchbook.

"Wow, he was talented."

"Yeah..." I smile, looking down at the picture of me that my brother had drawn. "He was planning to go to the Arts program at Yale this year. He got accepted and all."

"Wow, that's incredible. His submissions were probably amazing." He stares at the drawing of me.

"You want to see his studio? It was basically his room but all he has in there is a bed a night stand and the rest is just for art." Danny eagerly gets up and pulls on my sleeve. I guide him to the room I hadn't been in for a year. I pause a little before opening the door but soon my palms touch the cold door knob and I reveal the great masterpieces I love. I slowly walk in, Danny centimeters away from me. His eyes scan the room and he smiles at how colorful his art is. Our eyes both land on a dark painting.

"His art is so colorful and this one. This one right here. Is why I love him."

"What do you mean?"

"He was always so happy. Cheerful. His girlfriend broke up with him and he painted this right when he got home. I remember he was playing Keaton Henson and brought up a bottle of wine too."

"Sounds familiar." He smirks, joking. I slightly punch his arm. And he grabs my waist.

"Tell me more." He pleads.

"When I was 8 I was really insecure about my face. Everyone called me chipmunk. One day I cried so hard at school because of it and I came home early and so did he. He was only 10 and he told me 'Everyone is unique. Everyone is created so differently and beautifully. Everyone has their own art. Your art makes you - you, Alana." I smiled at that memory.

Danny turns me around and grabs my cheeks.
"I love your art. Not just this art. This art, and this art." He touches my face. "All of you. Art." He inches himself closer to me. "Especially this art." He says before smacking his lips to mine.

He pulls away from our kiss and smiles at me. "I can't contain myself. I know you don't want anything. Not even with Lucky. But it's going to be hard containing myself. I'll see you tomorrow for therapy. Bye." He says before planting a kiss on my nose.

A/N: Agh! I am SO sorry for not updating so fast anymore. Schools almost over and soon you'll get more than one update a week. Hope you guys love it! Comment and vote! LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OKAY I LOOOOVE YOU GUYS

QOTW: When do you get out of school?