Chapter 9: A Day With Her

The next day

(Y/N)'s POV

I was sitting on my desk, waiting for my friends to arrive. Sophia was sitting on her desk and kept staring at me. I saw Ella entering the room, but Lazarus wasn't with her. She sat next to me. I think i saw a crazy face on Sophia.

(Y/N): Hey, Ella.

Ella: Hi.

(Y/N): Where's Lazarus?

Ella: I left him at home.

(Y/N): Oh?

Ella: I think he caught a cold or something. The doctor said there might be some side effects from the medicine. When i saw him this morning, he was hallucinating.

(Y/N): Shouldn't we check up on him?

Ella: He'll be fine. The doctor said it should wear off until the end of the day.

Lazarus' POV

I was laying on the ground. There were rainbows behind my back and a river of soda running next to my feet.

Lazarus: Uhh... I think i ate too much purple honey...

I turned to the large yellow cartoon dogs.

Lazarus: What do you think?

Dog 1: Xe eht tsurtsid tsum.

Dog 2: Would you like to eat my candy paws?

Lazarus: Of course, angel.

I started eating his paws.

Third POV

Sophia's POV

Sophia's POV

Sophia's mind: So... Her brother is sick for the day, huh? Good to know.

I pulled out my phone and started typing a message.

(Y/N)'s POV

Ella: But anyway, what's up with you?

(Y/N): I've been spending time with my mom. You know... so she could get back in my life.

Ella: That's good. I hope you two can get back to your old life.

I saddened and looked down.

Ella: Oh, no, i didn't mean-

(Y/N): It's fine. There's nothing i can do to bring him back.

Ella was struggling to find something to say.

Ella: H-How did your parents met each other? 

(Y/N): At the beach.

Ella: At the beach?

(Y/N): My father washed up on the shore the day my mother was there with her friends. They spent a few days together and... well, i guess things just went on from there.