BBMAs [22]

"What's taking Kirstie so long?" -Scott

"She's making us late." -Esther

"Look, I'm gonna call her." Mitch took his phone from his pocket and began to dial Kirstie.

Kirstie heavily lifted her arms to reach her phone. She was groaning as she does. She slid her thumb to the button for an answer. "What?" She asked through the call. "Kirstie, where are you?" Mitch replied with another question.

"Uh, listen. I can't go. I feel sick. Horrible."

"Sick? Well you can't be sick, this day is important! It's BBMAs!"

"Sorry, Mitch. Uh... I just can't. I feel weak, if I force myself up, I might drop." She hoarsely reasoned.

"Jesus, Kirstie."

"I'm really sorry." It was Kirstie who ended the call herself. Mitch sighed. "She can't go. She's sick." He told everyone.

"Sick?" Scott questioned in a shocking tone. "Yeah." Mitch dropped his hands on his lap and sighed. "You know what, someone's gotta take care of her." He declared, making everyone in the room look to him confusingly.

"Let Jeremy do that. You can't be serious!" That's when Mitch stood and began to leave. "Hey!"

Kirstie laid asleep, her head heavy, her body pulling her down. She wanted to go to the BBMAs so bad.

But she surprisigly awoken after hearing her door being opened, and her lights being flicked on. Kirstie quickly sat up, only to see Mitch taking his coat off and places it to the couch.

"You look awful." Mitch first spoke, making Kirstie chuckle. "What are you doing here?" She asked. "To take care of you."

"You need to be there, Mitch." She shook her head, then covered herself with the blanket. Mitch walked to the restroom and grabbed towels and a basin filled of warm water. "Look, if there's no one to stay with you, that will be me."

"What makes you say that?" She wondered once more, more hoarsely, more confused. "Because that's what friends are for."

"Friends? I remember you were mad at me just yesterday because of some phone issues." She nagged. Mitch came to her, struggling over the water-filled basin.

He placed the basin on top of Kirstie's bedside table and began to dip a towel to the basin.

"Get up." He ordered.

"You cannot be serious." Kirstie babbled, yet doing Mitch's orders. Kirstie felt more dizzy.

Mitch rubbed the towel to her left arm first, causing Kirstie wanting to back out and get back to sleeping.

"God, your temperature is so hot." Mitch whispered.

"Mitch." Before Mitch can make a move, Kirstie called. "I'm fine." She spoke. "I'm just a little sore, I need to rest." She reasoned.

"This is how to cool your temperature down." Mitch explained. "Look, I'm trying to help you. Can you just be thankful?" He added, he pulls her right arm next and rubbed the towel as well.

"I don't care about the BBMAs now. AllI care is you." Kirstie tried to catch a breathe on Mitch's words. "I'm not leaving you 'till you regain your strength." As Mitch continues, Kirstie sighed heavily. "Very nice of you..." She whispered.

"I will never leave your side, you hear me, Kirstin Taylor."

"Okay, Mr. Mitchell Grassi."