Birthday Card [51]

"Daddy!" A simultaneous call from his daughter made him a little excited as well. Mitch knelt from his position just to catch his little kid for a hug. "Daddy!" His daughter screamed in joy. Mitch can't help but chuckle, "There's my little monkey!" Then he gave her a kiss in a cheek.

"How's school?" He asked.

"It's good! We learned calculus!"

Mitch furrowed his brows, "At kindergarten?" Then laughed, his daughter too, "I'm just joking!" then she lifted her hand, "I made this Birthday Card for mommy." She showed a pretty messy birthday card to her father, "I bet mommy will love it." He had her to his arms that quick and he stood. He gave his daughter another kiss in the cheek while advancing to his car and settled her up to her car seat.

"Daddy," his daughter called.

"Yes?" as he stopped buckling her for a moment.

"What about her cake?"

Mitch smiled, "We'll get it, sweetie."

"Is it chocolate?" Then planted a cheeky smirk. Mitch can't resist the cuteness. "Yes it is. But make sure you save some for mom." He successfully secured the belt. "Don't be a little cheat like last year." He slowly shut her door close, then went to the driver's seat.

Mitch parked the car to the green grasses, unbuckled his daughter and everything, the 'birthday' cake to his hands, and his little girl walking by his side. "Come on, run to mommy." his princess then ran, giggling.

He wanted to be happy as well, but he can't, he just can't. He walked faster, spotting her daughter playing on the dirt, screaming "Happy Birthday".

"Do you have the flowers?" He asked his daughter. His daughter nodded, "I already gave it to mommy." She smiled.

"And the card?" Mitch asked next. "Oh!" His daughter immediately took the card out of her pocket. "I wanna read it!"

"Go on, read it."

"Dear mommy," She paused, "Happy Birthday. Daddy and I bought you cake so you can eat it, but dad said it's a bad idea because he said there's so many cakes there too. But this one is chocolate, so daddy is mean." Mitch then chuckled. "Mommy, we just want to tell you how much we love you... and I wish you are still here."

Mitch started breaking down in tears, watching his daughter hug her mother's tombstone.

➖➖➖➖
I'll try to write longer oneshots next time. 😂