I've got new's for you

Charlotte's pov..

" Thank you for helping me out sis, i always seem to have a hard time combing my hair" I said as i was currently sitting in between Hanna's legs as she gave me a french braided locs so i can have a protective hairstyle for a month or two. " No worries sis, I'm always willing to help you with anything" she said as she used our mama's comb to part my hair in a bit of a zig zag area and twisted my hair to create a hairstyle. Normally when it came down to doing my hair it would be my mom but right now, since she's too busy with the cooking and my dad is too busy with helping my little brother find a movie for us to watch i've decided to let my sister handle the job. She's not actually bad at doing hair, she's actually the best in my opinion. She never pulls my hair, she combs it softly, and she understands the pain from 4c naps, which is weird because she never really be experiencing such thing....unlike us....

" -How about we watch a comedy movie?,"Dad asked as he searched on Netflix to find any comedy movie he could find. " You do you, dad. It's not like you'd pick the same movie over and over again," I said as i slowly rolled my eyes in annoyance. " So you're all saying that you hate the movies i pick?," he asked in disbelief. " YES!," me and Hanna shouted at the same time, hoping he'd get the gist, but unfortunately that'll never happen. Sometimes the movie he picks out are usually the movie's he likes and it just ruins the whole entire movie night for the rest of us. But no matter how much we protest against the movies he like, he still thinks that no matter what, our opinion will never matter against his. I guess he thinks it's just the principle of the thing. After our harsh answer he sighed in annoyance and shrugged his shoulders as he turned back towards the tv. " Welp, can't say i blame myself for liking high quality movies," he said as he pressed on a movie to see whether he wants to watch it or not.

" Dad, the movies you literally watch are made in the 1950's," I said. " And that's weird because he wasn't even born in the 1950's,"  Hanna said, once again butting in to the conversation. " Whatever Hanna, no one ever asked you for your opinion," dad said before he left another movie to see what else he could find for himself to watch. Sighing a little the smell of food cooking in the kitchen made my stomach hurt a little. It was a little unbearable at first but i guess i'll live, for now. " Be still Charlotte," Hanna said, sounding like she wanted to pop me upside my head with her comb. " I'm sorry," i whined as i felt her twist through my hair a little more. As dad continued to scroll through netflix for who knows how long he was soon met by the sound of his ringtone going off. This have made him put the remote down and grabbed his phone from his dress pants and he went to the back of the room to see who it was. 

And just like that...never in my life would i have been grateful for some annoying ringtone my dad hasn't changed in about 2 and a half years. Because with him gone that means someone will have to step in and be a hero and turn on a good movie and save movie night....this shall be known in the family history. I would try to get the remote and change it to a movie that we all would enjoy but i know as soon as i move Hanna will start acting like momma and pop me as hard as she can on my shoulder and give me a death glare as she warns me to move again....don't you just love childhood memories? And since Hanna is still doing my hair it was all left on James to save movie night but currently he is playing with Diane...Aka...his favorite sister.

We'll never know why but he just have a very strong connection to babies. It's like when momma first found out she was pregnant it was like James was more proud and excited then my daddy. And yes my dad was happy and excited but James on the other hand was...not expected. As he made Diane giggle uncontrollably i slowly turned my head to the side and gave him a small signal. " James," i half whispered yet my voice was blocked out by the sound of Diane's squeals. " Hey.....James," i called again to capture his attention. " Huh?," he answered as he carried Daine in his arms.