one

There was a sadness hanging over the Sully family as they flew to their new "home."

If their journey would've been for other purposes it actually would be quite beautiful. Since they had all lived in the forest their whole life ( with the exception of Mr. Sully) they had never gotten a chance to see the ocean for all its beauty.

Of course this beauty was ignored by the heartache of leaving their home only a couple hours prior and with that their people, The People.

With the day starting coming to an end, the wind blew stronger and air grew colder. Tuk was fast asleep against her mother, while the rest of the family mentally prepared themselves for the rough journey ahead.

Neytiri smelled it first

"Alaskì!" She called out, altering the others.

Rain. Heavy rain was approaching as was the night, exactly what the family needed as if the trip wasn't already hard enough.

All night the rain poured on them, each member of the Sully family praying to Ewya for strength and understanding

All hoping for a brighter morning.

-
-
-

Tuk woke up by lights taps from her mother. The last thing she remembered was a bright blue sky and warm breeze. Her mother had also covered her with a shaul the whole trip to keep her warm through the storm so the little girl had had an enjoyable trip compared to her other family members.

"Tuk, my child wake, we are about to land." Neytiri gently spoke to her youngest as they approached the island ahead.

A loud horn broke out on the land, alerting all of the Metkayina clan of newcomers.

Well, almost the whole clan.

One darker skinned Metkayinan was nowhere to be seen as the rest of the clan gathered to meet the newcomers.

Tonowari and Ronal made their way to the center, giving reassuring looks to their people as many seemed disturbed at the sight of newcomers.

With their darkened bodies, slim arms, and 5 fingered hands the Sully family noticeably stuck out.

Many snickered or made snide comments at the newcomers as the family made their way up to the leaders. Two teenage Metkayinans in particular, this was not unheard by the other two teenage Omaticayan boys.

Finally reaching Tonowari and Ronal, Jake greeted them with the "I see you" hand gesture.

"Jake Sully" Tonowari stated, gesturing back to the newcomer. Moving to greet the whole family.

Jake then moved to acknowledge Ronal, " I see you, Ronal, Tsahik of Matkainanes." He got a blank stare in return.

"Why do you come to us, Jake Sully?" Tonowari asked. A question all the Metkayinas were wondering themselves.

"We seek Uturu. A sanctuary for my family." He stated, gesturing back to the four children behind him.

Tonowari seemed to think over this for a minute before responding, "We are reef people, you are forest people, your skills cannot be used here."

"We will learn your ways, am I right?" The man spoke, turning to Neytiri for support. She simply shook her head in agreement.

Ronal started to slowly approach the family, she looked them up and down before stating," Their arms are thin, and tails weak, they will be slow in the water."

"Look, I was born with the sky people and now I am Na'vi alright? You can adapt." Jake pleaded with the Metkayinan leaders. Looking back to Toniwari, Jake reaffirmed, "We will adapt! Okay?"

"My husband was Toruk Makto." Neytiri added, stepping into view to help her husband, "He led the clans to victory over the sky people."

This you call victory?" Ronal fired back as she looked between the two, "Hiding amongst strangers?" She paused and took a step closer to the pair before finishing, "It seems that Eywa has turned her back on you, chosen one."

Tonowari raised his spear as a sign for everyone to calm, nothing would come from this petty bickering. He sighed before turning to his people,

"Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us, treat them as our brothers and sisters. But, they do not know the sea, so they will be like babies taking their first breath." He looked back to the Sully family, "Teach them our ways so they don't suffer the shame of being useless."

The clan seemed to finally surrender at his words, some dismissing themselves and others talking amongst themselves, but they seemed less tense than before.

Tonowari stepped closer to the Sully family, calling his own in as the whole tribe did not need to hear their conversation.

"My children" He pointed his staff to two young Metkayinan's, "Will teach yours the ways of our tribe."

"This is my youngest, Tsireya" The older man pointed to the girl, who shyly waved to the newcomers.

"My middle and only boy, Aonung." The teenage boy giving a half hearted smile and wave.

"And my oldest, Kæ-" The man paused when the space the had gestured to with his spear was empty.

Tonowari sighed, "I apologize for the absence of my oldest daughter, she is never where she's supposed to be."

Tsireya hid a smile behind her hand while Aonung rolled his eyes at the carelessness of his older sister.

"Well I am going to go find her so she can meet you properly, for now have Tsireya and Aonung show you your new home. Welcome to the reef Jake Sully." Tonowari said before disappearing in searches of his eldest daughter.

With that the two present Metkayinan children assisted the family with their belongings and led them to their new home.

Guys let me be so real rn, im writing bc all the other fics are to fast paced for me personally so this is gonna a slow burn like slow slow slow burn so if that's not your thing then I don't suggest this😸😸😸 anyways hope you enjoyed and more to come this chapter was so boring but you have to set it up so... expect Better things in the future and also longer things😝 ok bye!!!