nine

Kætalaya slowly woke up, coming to her senses and feeling pain?

The girl quickly sat up, which was a mistake as it only caused her abdomen to hurt more.

Looking around, she realized she was in a healing Mauri. It seemed just around sunset outside, everyone must be at dinner.

She looked down at herself seeing various bandages and creams assorted over her abdomen and legs.

"What the..." She trailed off, trying to understand what had happened from the time she was talking to Neteyam to now.

She was in a lot of pain. And yet she had no recollection of what might've caused her all this discomfort.

Slowly she started to try and pick herself up, however she was interrupted.

"Woah, woah do not try and stand yet." A deep voice with a thick accent said, entering the Mauri and coming toward her.

Kætalaya quickly felt to very muscular arms her back, slowly guiding her back to the floor.

She looked up to met with none other than Neteyam. It seemed everywhere she was, he was.

"Neteyam?" She asked confused as to why he'd be in a healers Mauri

"Kætalaya?" He responded mocking her tone, lowly smiling.

"What- uh, what am I doing here? How'd I get all these things?" She asked gesturing to herself

Neteyam stopped his movements, looking back at the girl. He gulped before answering

"I um- I don't know. Two days ago after you left with Roxto, you returned with an older man carrying you. You were so... uhm sorry, you were so hurt, you looked lifeless. He came in here frantically looking for a healer and then left you here with me and after that I don't know I guess they did something to you or healed you, Im not very certain on h-"

"Oh my god, Oh my god" Kætalaya interrupted, wheels starting to turn in her head.

Her mother, fighting, punching, knives, the pain, everything. How he just kept hitting her, one right after the other. Blood, her mothers protest in letting her go, and then nothing. It was all black after that

"What!? Kætalaya what!?" Neteyam asked searching the girls face for answers

No. no. no. no. no. no.

"Which older man brought me back here?" She asked Neteyam, anxiety clear in her voice

"Uhm, Im not sure. He was tall, lean, long black hair."

"Neteyam you just described every male Navi in existence!"

"I just got here a week ago how am I supposed to know!"

"His voice, what did it sound like? Any accent?"

Neteyam thought back to the minimal words he shared with the man. "Well actually yes, it wasn't like the other people of your tribe. It sounded much more like mine but... a little different still I don't know."

Luinqry. Oh thank god

"Ok, ok. This is fine. I'm fine, your fine, everything's fine." Kætalaya said but it seemed more like she was trying to convince herself.

"Kætalaya is something wrong?" Neteyam asked the girl not convinced if this "fineness"

"Yes! Yes of course, just um- did anyone else see me bleeding beside Luinqry?"

Weird question. Neteyam thought but decided now was not the time to pry.

"I mean... I did, but honestly I was so worried when he brought you here I don't really remember much."

Kætalaya's eyes looked like they could pop out their sockets. However she quickly fixed herself when Neteyam returned his gaze to her. If he didn't remember than nothing was wrong.

"Oh ok, well I'm sorry if I worried you or anything, Im fine." She quickly reassured with a small smile on her face .

"Well I think you may have worried my dad more than me." Neteyam said slightly laughing

"What?" Kætalaya looked up at the boy, worry on her face

"My dad, he looked scared shitless when I told him. I guess parental instincts or something."

"You, you told your dad?" Kætalaya asked again voice becoming more rigid.

"Well yeah, after they took you I was really scared if I'm being honest and I felt like it was the right thing to do."

"Why would that be the right thing to do!?" Kætalaya asked growing angrier

"What Kætalaya, are you angry? I thought it was the best thing to do! I'm not understanding something." The boy said, he was extremely confused

"Yeah! You aren't understanding! Neteyam you should've never have said anything!"

"What was I supposed to do?? You came in here almost dead!"

"I don't know maybe not go tell the whole village about it? Pretend it never happened?"

"I didn't tell the whole village I told my father." He said trying to deescalate this conversation

"Who Im guessing told your family which includes Lo'ak, who told Tsireya, who told Roxto, see where I'm going"

"I'm sorry Kætalaya I didn't know!"

"Yeah you didn't! So you shouldn't have said anything! I cant believe I was so stupid!"

"Kætalaya calm down. Everything will be fine." He tried to calm the girl, reaching his hand out to hers.

She quickly pulled hers back however. "No Neteyam! Everything will not "be fine." God you are so stupid! I cant believe I trusted you!"

Neteyams face quickly turned to one of hurt.

"Oh I'm so stupid? Yeah I'm so stupid, sorry I was trying to help you and save your life!"

"But you didn't! You didn't save my life, if anything you jump started the end of it! Go, get out of here! I wish you and your jungle family never came to my island!"

Neteyam never thought words could hurt so much. Kætalaya the girl who had cheered up Tuk when no one else could, Kætalaya the one person no one in the village had a bad thing to say about, Kætalaya the first person who had been kind to his family, Kætalaya the only person who stood up for him when Roxto or Aunong would call them freaks. That girl was the same Kætalaya in front of him now, and he couldn't believe it.

Slowly he stood up, keeping his eyes on the ground. Right before he was going to open the closing of the Mauri Kætalaya spoke.

"I don't want to see or talk to you again Neteyam, stay out of my life from now on."

With that he opened the entrance to the Mauri and walked away.

wow i actually wrote something woah!!!!
this actually might be the worst piece of literature ever written😇

will i update again?? who knows!
jk i want to get back on my writing grind i have just been extremely busy since January 30 apparently bc that's when i last posted a chapter!!

also im head to nyc right now for the first time for college visits #excited #citygirlswinning

ok bye love you🥰🥰🥰🥰😇😇😇🤗🤗🤗🤗🫢🫢🫢💕💕💕😍😍😍😍🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹